Skip to content

Importing a lvl 40 swashbukler back into BG1:EE

Hi.

So I originally made a lvl 1 swashbuckler in BG1:EE and had 2 playthroughs with her. Exporting, then reimporting - thus keeping the bonus from stat-books..
After 2 playthroughs I imported her into BG2:EE from the "final save".

I'm almost done with BG2:EE and wanted to start over with BG1:EE, using my same old, trusty Swassie.
However have either of you tried to import a lvl 30-40 character from BG2, to BG1?

What happens to HLA? Will they come back in case I play through BG1:EE for a third time and then import it to BG2:EE?
Will I suffer any permanent loss?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    That must be fun for about 20 minutes. Then after you're breezing through every encounter (specially if you have the immunity from normal and +1 weapons from the end of SoA), one probably gets bored.
  • naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
    Thanks for the answer, but I didn't ask whether it be fun it not :)
    I'd like to know if it's possibly without breaking the character. Like permanently loosing all High Level Abitlities...
    FinnTheHumanGoturalChnapy
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    I don't have a definitive answer for that, but I suspect that there would be some backwards compatibility issues, such as with the HLAs, not to mention magic items and such.

If you have EE Keeper, I would suggest trying to recreate your character that way, but I don't think BG2 items are available...
    naggert
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    naggert wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer, but I didn't ask whether it be fun it not :)

How rude.
    FinnTheHumanDJKajuruMoradin
    Some BG2 SoA items actually work. The items that appear in both Baldurs gate 1 and 2, will infact carry over.
    I noticed boots of speed, full plate mail and even some named items were imported to BG1 correctly...

Honestly though. I dont mind loosing all equipment when starting over.

Last week I also tested if the immunity from normal and +1 weapons, from Hell, works (they do).
    The +15 HP and the +10 from Decks of many things don't however. Not even if you start over from BG2:EE

@ Kilivitz
    No, that was a very polite response to you, going off topic in my post. Please stick to topic.
    Gotural
    I did some further tests by importing my BG2:EE swashbuckler to BG1:EE.
    Exporting that BG1:EE swashbuckler (who were missing HLA).
    Reimporting the newly exported to BG2:EE and voila!

Same HP, THACO and AC.
    Even the HLA spike trap seems to be working.

I just fried a goblin for 76 trap damage.. hmm

The order of "spells" are a little messed up tho.
    What might else be wrong? Local variables? Globals even?
    Gotural
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited March 2016
    naggert said:

The +15 HP and the +10 from Decks of many things don't however. Not even if you start over from BG2:EE
    The +10 hp from the deck actually worked every time i restarted bg2ee... Didn't try with bg1, though
    naggert
    Daevelon said: The +10 hp from the deck actually worked every time i restarted bg2ee... Didn't try with bg1, though
    Oh yeah right! See, this it what happens when you have 4 games in one! :)
    I'll try and import the BG2:EE character with the +25 HP to a fresh game in BG2:EE.
    So far I've been reluctant to do it, because the cut scene in Irenicus' dungeon is so long.

I just did full solo run of BG1:EE yesterday with a lvl 35 Swasbuckler. It only took a few hours after and was actually quite something of an experience. 
    I've have decided not to export those lvl 20+ PC's from BG1:EE and instead edit any attribute / item with EE keeper, rather than risking anything.
    (like Golden Pantaloons and stat-tomes): 
    It's not like they're gaining any experience.
    Okay, I exported my lvl 35 fighter at the last fight with Melisandre.
    He had 232 HP unbuffed.

Importing him to a clean BG2EE SoA run, he had the same HP... This is working!

I guess that's how I would expect everything to work.

Importing to BG1EE messes everything up a little.
    All HLA's are missing. Like thiefs traps, sorcerers spells.
    Certain character upgrades are missing (like +15 HP from Hell and +10HP from deck of many things).
    Some of it seems to return.
    In the future however, I wont import high level PC's back to BG1EE and forth to BG2EE. But will just edit any stat changes they might have gained from books.