Skip to content

Low wisdom for ALL classes other then Priest classes, any effect?

GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
I seemed to hear something about wisdom now being able to affect "things" on a recent live stream of SOD. It went by quickly so i might of not heard correctly. So i am asking for the record is there still no penalties for all non priest classes to have very low wisdom scores?

Thanks!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The answer is yes, there're no penalties to have low wisdom scores for non-priests.

WIS offers lore bonuses, there're some WIS checks in certain dialogues, also WIS is used for Wish and Limited Wish spells, but that's it.
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    thank bengoshi, your always ready with an answer :)
    thank gangler had not considered there might be a few checks, but if necessary on those limited example a potion of insight might do the trick:) Mirage thanks for that webpage, a nice non resource intensive reference i appreciate it.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    gangler said:

There are also some dialogue options throughout the game that run a Wisdom check. Like when Ragefast is all like "I'm in love with the Nymph so I need to hold her captive" you need a wisdom of I think it's 14 or higher to show him the error of his ways so you can resolve this confrontation peaceably.

Edit: It occurs to me that I've never actually tried that Ragefast example, so I probably shouldn't be repeating half-remembered hearsay as fact.

The limit is 6, not 14, but the rumor is true.

so even if we have the lowest possible score and get all three tomes of understanding (that would be 3+3=6) we will still pass the check?

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    There are also some dialogue options throughout the game that run a Wisdom check. Like when Ragefast is all like "I'm in love with the Nymph so I need to hold her captive" you need a wisdom of I think it's 14 or higher to show him the error of his ways so you can resolve this confrontation peaceably.

Edit: It occurs to me that I've never actually tried that Ragefast example, so I probably shouldn't be repeating half-remembered hearsay as fact.

I resolved it peacefully... and then murdered him anyways.. oops! :P
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Do you play with Ascension? Because if you do, there's quite a big event that having 18-19 WIS affects near the end of ToB.
    You can get Balthazar/Bodhi as an ally in the final battle. I think it's possible even without 18 WIS, but you really need to pick your dialogue options carefully.
    You don't need it, but it will make your life a lot easier. It's a big enough factor for me to always have enough WIS to boost to at least 18 by ToB.