Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

So Khalid just got chunked

CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 222
In the Narcillicus encounter east of Nashkel mines.

I questioned Narcillicus' sanity, at which point he fled leaving 4 green slimes behind.

The slimes' attacks seemed to do minor physical damage + 1 poison damage every other second.

Khalid got hit once. Lost 3-4 hps, then 1 poison damage, then another one, and then... chunked!

Without any notice whatsoever. So I looked for more info about green slimes and found that:
The poison does one point of damage per second but does not need to drain the health of the target to kill them. Each time the target takes damage they stand a chance of dying (Save vs Death.) When someone is poisoned by a green slime there is no effect icon on their portrait but the character's sprite will turn green. This can be checked for best in the inventory screen.

I had never known about that.

No-reloads are so much fun.

AKrugBierAedanCorelliaBelgarathMTHCaptRory

Comments

  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 107
    Situations like these are great, because they give you the chance to take NPC's along, which otherwise never would have made it into your party (if you're rp'ing that is).

    No-Reload runs are incredible fun.

    CloutierBelgarathMTHGrum
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    edited March 2016
    AKrugBier wrote: »
    Situations like these are great, because they give you the chance to take NPC's along, which otherwise never would have made it into your party (if you're rp'ing that is).

    No-Reload runs are incredible fun.

    I've always wanted to play a no reload game, allowing NPCs to permanently die, but I've never had the guts to follow through with it. It would make the adventure much more epic.

  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,409
    This happens to lots of guys in one of the bars of Baldurs Gate. When you enter they are fighting and dying to green slimes. (One says Ragefast summoned them when he got angry) Even if you are fast and kill all the slime, at least one commoner gets slimed. Skin turns green, and the victim takes one poison damage per 1-2 seconds. But this is nothing when compared to the final horrid fate of the unfourtunate character. For he is doomed to die a chunky death (dissolved into green slime) after 1-2 rounds. There is nothing that can stop this.

    Incidentally, IIRC green slime hit forces a save vs death at +2 ot avoid getting 'slimed' once slimed, the character is gone forever. And the slime gives only 65 xp or such.

  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 222
    AKrugBier wrote: »
    Situations like these are great, because they give you the chance to take NPC's along, which otherwise never would have made it into your party (if you're rp'ing that is).

    No-Reload runs are incredible fun.

    Precisely!

    Charname is a Druid striving to have a balanced party.

    So I need a good-leaning fighter to replace Khalid. Problem is, Minsc comes with Dynaheir, and that would be too much "unbalanced" energy.

    Ajantis the knight in shining armor is over the top too.

    So I'll take Kivan along next time I have a valid reason to go to High Hedge. He's "kind of good but not too much" and he does understand the forest. I have never ever taken Kivan in my party, so I'm quite excited about it!

    BelgarathMTH
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Cloutier wrote: »
    AKrugBier wrote: »
    So I'll take Kivan along next time I have a valid reason to go to High Hedge. He's "kind of good but not too much" and he does understand the forest. I have never ever taken Kivan in my party, so I'm quite excited about it!

    The funny thing about Kivan is that he's one of my favorite NPCs, but I never took him. The problem is that I used to always use his portrait, and his secondary portrait is just wretched (the hippie elf that looks like he's about to blow a whistle).

  • CorelliaCorellia Member Posts: 22
    When life gives you lemons... Throw them at Khalid until he gets chunked and get a better less whiny frontline fighter.

  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,716
    Khalid being Khalid.

    Take literally any other Warrior.

  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 222
    I'm playing no reload and I take hp rolls as they come.

    Khalid was my best fighter because his hp rolls had been the best. It is a loss to my party.

    BelgarathMTHPhilhelm
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,339
    4 green slimes? I always get 2 mustard jellies instead

  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @sarevok57, which one he summons depends on what you say to him.

  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,339
    ah I see, I wonder if the green slime one is an EE addition, from what I can remember waaaaaaaaay back in the vanilla days, if he walks away, then nothing happens no jellies no battle

    but of coarse im a power gamer so I must gather as much XP as possible :)

  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,716
    I am a #teammustardjelly too. Much more XP.

    sarevok57
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 222
    Raduziel wrote: »
    I am a #teammustardjelly too. Much more XP.

    And I'm a druid, so I blamed Narcillicus for being irresponsible. ;)

    sarevok57
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,504
    Philhelm wrote: »

    ... and his secondary portrait is just wretched (the hippie elf that looks like he's about to blow a whistle).

    Funny enough, I actually use that portrait for Khalid instead of his default one - it may be "wretched," but it suits Khalid's sniveling personality much better than his heroic-looking default portrait IMO.


  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    So true!

    In my last run I planned to have Cavalier, Ajantis, Branwen and Garrick. Then when going through the cloak wood we got hit by a web (no thief), we're stuck and I watched helplessly as Branwen died. A solemn moment later, the party went on and used every potion of explosion that they had to light the local spider nest aflame in her memory.

    Good thing that a certain dwarf was nearby to take her place

    EnialusMeliamneCloutier
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 817
    The description is slightly wrong.

    The only chance you get to survive a green slime is on the first save vs death on the first hit (it's at +3 or +4 though so you gotta be real unlucky). They got awful thaco so it's only really about critical hits.

    If you fail, it's already over. The insta-chunk is hardcoded and set on a timer. There's nothing to do about it. After a couple seconds it triggers.

    Kind of comical one of the lowest tier garbage has one of the most dangerous attacks in the entire game

    Eadwyn_G8keeperCloutierelminsterlunar
Sign In or Register to comment.