Skip to content

What are you most looking forward to in SoD?

2»

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    having what happened between the end of bg and your capture explained. even tho i sadly think the event in question will be the last 5 minutes of the expansion.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    SirBatince wrote: »
    Shining Lady romance plz.

Whatever the heck she is anyway. My dude is very open-minded.

She's a Bhaalspawn. Thats why she makes war with Baldur's Gate, to draw CHARNAME out.. And thats the reason CHARNAME gets banished from Baldur's Gate, because they fear that he'll draw more powerful enemies to the city.

Also, the one thing I'm looking forward to is the hilarious new lines that Minsc is bound to have. I'm hoping to get HOURS of rolling on the floor and laughing uncontrollably.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    Elendar wrote: »

She's a Bhaalspawn. Thats why she makes war with Baldur's Gate, to draw CHARNAME out.. And thats the reason CHARNAME gets banished from Baldur's Gate, because they fear that he'll draw more powerful enemies to the city.

Please, use spoiler tags.
  • downloaddownload Member Posts: 25
    The Shining Lady being Bhaalspawn seems too...Throne of Bhaal? It's also way too predictable- maybe she's the child of a different god, maybe even a GOOD god, and has been charged/charged herself with destroying you. Problem is that's really, really similar to Balthazar's goal in Throne of Bhaal.

I'm looking forward to continuing the playthrough I've put on hold for almost three months, on top of the whole "More Baldur's Gate" thing.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Cloutier wrote: »
    Elendar wrote: »

Please, use spoiler tags.

But its not a spoiler... Its just speculation! :P
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    she could be a child of tyr.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I'm looking forward to the quick loot button being able to be bound to a key!
  • crumbcrumb Member Posts: 21
    I'm most looking forward to newly voiced lines from the older NPCs.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I think the fact that the opening video we all saw from Gamespot mentions an idea the Shining Lady shared the same lineage like Sarevok means this idea was wrong.

If they give an idea from the start (and this is the opening video), this idea can't simply turn true because it won't be interesting.

It may very well be the Shining Lady has some connections to gods, but not Bhaal, I'm certain of that.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    I'm looking forward to finally face good-aligned foes within the BG saga, though it is mere speculation for now.

Think of the things that never happened before that might happen now.

Holy Smite doesn't work anymore.
    Unholy Blight becomes much more interesting.
    Enemies cast Protection from Evil against you.
    Viconia and Tiax turning paladins.
    Using Detect Evil to locate and bribe susceptible officers of the Shining Lady's army.
    Using the Helm of Opposite alignment to fool NPCs.

Is all that going to happen? Hopefully it does.
  • SchrademanSchrademan Member Posts: 14
    For it to be released on GoG, Day 1.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    @Cloutier

That's actually going to be refreshing when I think about it. It should make those specific alignment spells a lot more useful, since they are hardly ever used in any of these games I've played. Not just BG, but the NwN games as well.
    bengoshi wrote: »
    I think the fact that the opening video we all saw from Gamespot mentions an idea the Shining Lady shared the same lineage like Sarevok means this idea was wrong.

If they give an idea from the start (and this is the opening video), this idea can't simply turn true because it won't be interesting.

It may very well be the Shining Lady has some connections to gods, but not Bhaal, I'm certain of that.

Yeah, my blind speculation for now is that it's some other dirty leftovers from the Time of Troubles. Not even sure if it's directly related to the Bhaalspawn or your character either, but naturally you will come into conflict with her due to the circumstances yada yada.

I don't know that's the feel I got from Avellones review, when he mentioned that she actually has more ''noble'' goals than Gorions ward.
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    Besides the pleasure of discovering SoD, I am so looking forward to play again the whole BG saga with the new ''Legacy of Bhaal'' mode ! I loved playing IWD with the Heart of Fury mode, and I have been waiting for a new difficulty mode for BG... almost since 1998!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    To see what modders will do with the new engine. Especially once it's shown how many actors can appear during battles.
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    The hot girls.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    The hot girls.

THIS! So much this! :P