Skip to content

Help me find equipment to fit this character, a Fey-themed Gnome Bard (Jester).

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
So as stated in another thread I'm going to run Piro, my Fey-themed Gnome Bard (Jester), through BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, and ToB.

What are some of the equipment that fits this fey-bard character? I know I can get all the cool instruments as well as the Pixie Prick dagger. Anything else I should be on the lookout for? Also how effective is the Pixie Prick as a primary weapon?

I want to for sure get the bard hat in SoD which hopefully will carry over into BG2:EE so I can fight and sing at the same time.

I was looking and it seems there are very few bucklers, should I invest in single-weapon fighting?

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Since fey are vulnerable to cold iron and any kind of precious metal, I'd only use organic equipment in such a playthrough from a roleplaying perspective. Hide and leather armour, wands, staffs, clubs, missile weapons, ect.

On top of my head, the only fey themed item that isn't designed to slay fey is the Nymph Cloak. Perhaps there's more in SoD on that front.
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    I couldn't think of anything beyond the two items already mentioned, but wanted to say I liked the sounds of your play through.

Always wondered what a jester play through might be like... Imagining lots of invisibility spells and greater malison, along with maximum use of his bard spell.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Doesn't the update remove invisible singing?
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I believe so, I wonder does greater invisibility still work, though?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Vallmyr wrote: »
    Also how effective is the Pixie Prick as a primary weapon?

Extremely so. The Pixie Prick is one of the most underrated weapons in all BG2. It's practically Celestial Fury in dagger form.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Does he have turnips, too?
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I have no equipment suggestions unfortunately. I just wanted to let you know that I'm excited to hear more about your Jester playthrough! I had never tried one until I created a Jester in my IWD run a week ago. Their song (I've got Rogue Rebalancing installed) is actually quite powerful!
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    I just think it's interesting because I've also been planning a gnome jester, more of a vicious sarcasm powered jack of all trades than anything "fey" but still a coincidence that leaves me curious
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Vallmyr wrote: »
    I believe so, I wonder does greater invisibility still work, though?

anyone tested this?