Skip to content

Experience Cap / Carry Over

I know the experience cap is 161k, but can someone confirm that all experience gained over the 161k gap will become available once you go into SoA / SoD?

I know they have mentioned raising the level cap in SoD but can does this mean it will raise your xp for baldurs gate as well?

I'm in the final chapter and just hit the xp cap at Durlag's Tower. I would like to know if I can continue the game without risking losing any xp lol.

Thanks!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited March 2016
    The XP you get after you reach 161k is still gathered and remembered by the game, it is just not shown in BG1EE. So, feel free to continue your game and gather more XP.

As for the overall XP cap increase for BG1EE because of SoD, it won't happen. Although SoD is an expansion for BG1EE, it won't work in the same way as ToB (which increases XP cap for SoA). The XP cap of 161k will be kept.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/727624/#Comment_727624
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I was wondering about items. I see no reason why they wouldn't carry over SoD. But new parties don't seem to get any items (though they get levels).
  • Kaisc006Kaisc006 Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for the info bengoshi!