Skip to content

Install BG:EE or SoD?

Right so this is rather confusing... decided to do a reinstall of BG:EE and BG II:EE using te Beamdog manager to hopefully ease the transitions. And every time I go to install BG:EE it says I own expanded content and to install that instead, referring to SoD.

Does SoD include BG:EE or is it something standalone?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    SoD is an expansion to BGEE but presently its not available to the public. If you want to install BGEE for the next few days you'll need to click "Install" on this page (do not click "Expansion Product")

waiv4y957pjh.png
    sod.png 76.4K
    JuliusBorisov
  • Scythe_KnightScythe_Knight Member Posts: 27
    Yes, that is what's causing the confusing as it is implying that SoD will include the BG:EE content.
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    I'm also a bit confused. I'm wanting to do a run through of BGEE as soon as 2.0 releases prior to playing SoD. I'm happy waiting until the 31st to do that, but will installing SoD also install BGEE?
  • Scythe_KnightScythe_Knight Member Posts: 27
    Smaug wrote: »
    I'm also a bit confused. I'm wanting to do a run through of BGEE as soon as 2.0 releases prior to playing SoD. I'm happy waiting until the 31st to do that, but will installing SoD also install BGEE?

Exactly the same reason why I'm asking.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    Smaug wrote: »

The install button shown in that screenshot is for BGEE 2.0 only.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    elminster wrote: »

The install button shown in that screenshot is for BGEE 2.0 only.

Right, but that's not what I meant. I understand that SoD is unavailable until tomorrow. But, will installing SoD also install BGEE? The text of that message seems to indicate that it will, but has anyone commented to confirm?