Skip to content

Steam Keys

So I've preordered SoD on Beamdog knowing that Steam Keys for the game would be given to those who request them, but now I want to ask when will those keys be available? I've already opened a ticket with the Support, and they told me that they have no keys at the moment. How long must I wait to play this game on Steam?

Comments

• ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    ^ ill just buy it on steam when it realesed there.

When btw?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085

So I've preordered SoD on Beamdog knowing that Steam Keys for the game would be given to those who request them, but now I want to ask when will those keys be available? I've already opened a ticket with the Support, and they told me that they have no keys at the moment. How long must I wait to play this game on Steam?

When it's released. Siege of Dragonspear is not available yet.
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    It's still not clear to me if we GET the steam keys via email, or if we have to request them. Which one?
  • Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
    edited March 2016
    koteko said:

It's still not clear to me if we GET the steam keys via email, or if we have to request them. Which one?

I think you have to send an email to support@beamdog.com to get your key. Opening a ticket should work too.

So, the game has been released, how long will it take to get those keys and give them to those who requested them?

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

So, the game has been released, how long will it take to get those keys and give them to those who requested them?

Not sure, when I requested keys for my other EE games they came within 2 hours, but given how many people are likely requesting keys I would give them 24-48hrs to work through the back log (I expect they have to make a request through Steam to get keys and that takes time). I submitted a request yesterday just after launch time and have not received a key yet.
  • AnomalyAnomaly Member Posts: 62
    I had to wait a week to get a Steam key a year ago. All depends of how busy they are and I bet they are currently. ;-)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    That doesn't sound encouraging at all.
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    They should give Steam Kaeys first to Collectors Edition buyers. Spanding $130 should be rewarded.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    For what it is worth, if you are worried about missing steam achievements by playing the Beamdog version this is a non-issue. When you open a save in the steam version it checks for any achievements unlocked at any point in that save. The two versions also place save games and settings in the same folder (in Documents) so you don't even have to move files around when you switch versions.
    Received my Steam Key! :smiley:
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I've got my key. Thanks for customer support :)
  • krautmeyerkrautmeyer Member Posts: 5
    I'm still waiting for my key - filed a support request almost 24 hours ago. Can anyone comment on how quickly those usually get processed?
  • dancingcrabdancingcrab Member Posts: 15
    I'm still waiting too.
  • ArcaterArcater Member Posts: 22
    My installer needs hours to download the files, then pops a message that PowerPC code is not supported on my Mac. 16 hours lost to try running this game. I requested steam keys and I really hope I receive them very soon. I lost a complete holiday for this.
  • dancingcrabdancingcrab Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2016
    Arcater said:

My installer needs hours to download the files, then pops a message that PowerPC code is not supported on my Mac. 16 hours lost to try running this game. I requested steam keys and I really hope I receive them very soon. I lost a complete holiday for this.

Not sure Steam is going to help you with that problem. I think you might need an Intel-based Mac to play the EEs?

I'm a little sick of waiting for my Steam key. If it wasn't listed on the Dragonspear preorder page as 'Steam key included', I wouldn't feel so entitled. I've a ticket that was submitted over 48 hours ago and closed prematurely by Beamdog. However, I re-opened it almost 24 hours ago and still no response.
  • MikeLeWattMikeLeWatt Member Posts: 4
    Utterly disappointed. I have pre purchased the Collector's Edition a week ago and I'm still waiting for a key. It's been nearly 24 hours since I've sent a support email, and still nothing.

Also, this is taken directly from Steam:

"Once your game is accepted for distribution on Steam, we will give you as many keys for your game as you want at no cost."

What's the hold up? To compare, a game had come out recently on Steam, made by a small indie developer. They had been selling the game via their site for a couple of years, however on the day it released on Steam, they had prepared a page on their site, where you could log in and redeem a key. No fuss, no delay.

Very disappointed, considering requesting a refund.

• 626_EXP626_EXP Member Posts: 33
    edited April 2016
    I preordered the collectors edition a month ago. Not too upset about the wait but hope it doesn't take much longer after dropping that kind of cash.

I emailed once and got a reply disregarding me. Then another over 48 hours ago with no reply as of yet.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Our support team are working to process requests as they come in; that being said, there's a lot of requests coming in, so getting through all of them may take some time. I realize that doesn't help people who want to get in and play immediately, but I can tell you that our team is working as quickly as they can.
  • krautmeyerkrautmeyer Member Posts: 5
    Got my key this morning - thanks!
  • SwashbucklerSwashbuckler Member Posts: 15
    Still waiting as well. Requested my key Thursday evening. Have had the CE on order since the day it was available. In the past, other games that I have pre-ordered were sitting on my doorstep the day of release. I did receive the email with the three links to download BG:SOD, but none of those were related to Steam in any way. If your company is going to advertise that their product will also be released on Steam in the pre-order text, proper planning says that you should have those keys emailed to your customers upon release. I seriously do not understand why support tickets are necessary to get a key that should have already been in our possession - especially considering the money spent.

Others are free to disagree with my opinion, but don't think that I will care one way or the other if you post a snarky response.
  • MikeLeWattMikeLeWatt Member Posts: 4

Still waiting as well. Requested my key Thursday evening. Have had the CE on order since the day it was available. In the past, other games that I have pre-ordered were sitting on my doorstep the day of release. I did receive the email with the three links to download BG:SOD, but none of those were related to Steam in any way. If your company is going to advertise that their product will also be released on Steam in the pre-order text, proper planning says that you should have those keys emailed to your customers upon release. I seriously do not understand why support tickets are necessary to get a key that should have already been in our possession - especially considering the money spent.

Others are free to disagree with my opinion, but don't think that I will care one way or the other if you post a snarky response.

Absolutely agree. It's really amateurish and incredibly lazy. There should have been a system set up ahead of time that would ensure Steam keys would be sent out. Only today I've managed redeem my Kickstarter key for Apollo VR, I had to wait less than an hour.

When Factorio was released on Steam, they had created a page where you could log in and generate a Steam key if you have pre purchased it. It was instant.

This support ticket business shows how Beamdog are laughably incompetent.
  • ZoimosZoimos Member Posts: 81
    Seems weird we have to wait for support to deal with this when others site can generate a key instantly.

Got a reply from support today saying I need to contact them from the correct email address even tho it is the same.

I hope they aren't getting confused over gmail and googlemail :(