wis 12 - this one is hard to quantify, but definitely above average
    cha 9 - somewhat silent type
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    Str: 12 (Work out 4X/week)
    Dex: 10 (Average)
    Con: 11 (Rarely get sick)
    Int: 15 (I'm pretty nerdy)
    Wis: 14 (I can read people very well)
    Cha: 17 (I'm an Improv comedian, opera singer, and popular with women)

I missed my calling as a sorcerer.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @triclops Thac0 doesn't have to do anything about striking force (damage). It refers to chance to sucesfull hit, I believe.
  • Bynary_FissionBynary_Fission Member Posts: 202
    Hmm...being honest, I'd say this closely resembles myself IRL (warning, excessive and possibly pedantic self-analysis ahead):

STR - 14 - I can bench 140-150 without having ever really exercised my muscles, and my legs are like tree trunks with the same lack of exercise...genetic, I think. My benching is by no means impressive or exceptional, but I am not a scrawny guy and can lift a lot of heavy objects with ease - it's why people always try to use me as free labor when they're moving stuff, haha.

DEX - 9 - I'm sort of a klutz to be honest. Not particularly as much as my other family members (I see my sister tripping and fumbling stuff a lot) but I'm not the guy you'd want to entrust with holding a delicate object.

CON - 15 - I've lived in many different climates in my life (the bitter coldness of New York, the intense heat of the desert in Nevada, and the humidity of Florida, to name a few). Plus coupled with the fact that I basically never get sick, I can adapt to a lot of different climates and environments without a problem.

INT - 16 - I graduated with my 2-year degree when I was 17 with honors, and with a year-long break and still set to graduate with my BA one week after my 20th birthday, with honors. I guess that counts as intelligence? I also absorb information like a sponge, and I've been able to hold my own in debates since I was quite young.

WIS - 8 - I lack a lot of common sense. While I am usually (or want to believe) capable of reasoning my way out of dumb decisions, I still tend to do stuff that doesn't make any sense and could possibly be even dangerous, usually without being cognizant of the fact. Could be my Aspergers since I am an aloof and somewhat detached person by nature. Good for being smart, not good for having common sense.

CHA - 12 - This is hard to rate. I'm not a particularly good-looking guy. Not hideous, but I'm not what you'd call a looker (I look more like a hippie Jesus, really). But what I lack in initial appearances I make up with my persuasiveness in conversation and debate. My years of being a political junkie and reading have helped to hone my debate skills. So I guess it'd balance out.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    STR: 10 - Completely average
    DEX: 14 - I'm flexible, fast and can jump far/high. Also a natural at the shooting range, in the army.
    CON: 10 - My health and stamina is average
    INT: 12 - I usually score around 130-135 in IQ tests and I often solve problems with insight and intuition
    WIS: 11 - My intuition and general know-how/jack of all trades adds to my accumulated knowledge.
    CHA: 11 - I'm not very outgoing, but I more often than not find myself as a focus of attention when someone needs to step up and take charge of something.

I guess I'm a rogue.. It's what I've always felt like anyway, when immerging myself into these sorts of things.

As for the ongoing debate about Hawking/Einstein/Tesla.. I'd definately put them around 22/23'ish INT. They are after all the brightest minds our entire species and world has EVER seen. They have no equal.

• Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181

No offence, but I see little sense in this topic. That's because people are saying thier "stats" what they think they are, not what they exactly are. People with high self-esteem would raise them up, people with low would nerf them.

Example, some claim to have Int about 16 in spite the fact that 10 is average, and 18 is Stephen Hawking. Are you people working for NASA, are considered of genious or anything like that? Or maybe you think that you're not far from Hawking himself? I highly doubt that. Same with constitution. 16 because of healthy eating habits? If so, then, i'm 18 myself because I practicaly never get ill - but when I consider the fact that I'm dead after short sprint, I would gave myself 8 at most.

10 is average person. I don't believe that we all are better than average. Where's humility and critical estimation? Gone for a holiday?

That's because, I think, the D&D values influence our sense of what is "smart" and "genius" more than what the thread-creator typed out in a few short seconds.

On the D&D scale, for example, I would put people like Hawking and Einstein and the like at 20 INT or higher. I'd say 18 would be entry-level genius ability, so IQ 160 or so.

It's also worth pointing out that 10 out of 18 is NOT average. A more proper average would be 12. For all stats.

Then there's also the WIS stat to factor in. I gave myself an INT stat of 16 because, empirically, I'm rather intelligent. According to those tedious IQ tests, I'm at 145. And then a lower WIS score because I certainly don't feel terribly bright, and a painfully low CHA score because as smart as I'm supposed to be, I certainly haven't managed to make much out of my mind.

So, basically, I guess what I'm getting at is that it's rather asinine for you to go around trying to indirectly insult as many users as you can while at the same time refusing to really put yourself out there to face similar mockery.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    edited September 2012
    @Rexfaroensis
    Peasant reporting:

Str: 9
    Dex: 9
    Con: 9
    Int: 12 ( I'm not to bright but enough for studying Computer engineering)
    Wis: 8 ( I've made a lot of retarded choices in my life)
    Cha: 9

Guys, you're not elite beings among humans, get over it.
    edited September 2012
    @Arsene_Lupin
    No, insulting was never my intetion, hence "no offence" at the very beginning. Evidently, it's being overlooked, but I don't think it, in the long run, is really *my* problem.

You have IQ of 145? That's great to hear. Doesn't matter the fact that psychologist for today cannot agree even on what exactly is intelligence, not to mention the fact if IQ tests are measuring it, or they just measure abillity to solve those tests. Basing your intelligence on test alone is not necessary valid.

What I actually wanted to say, is that people are cannot tell what their "stats" would be, because their "ego" is in the way. Also, their perception of their atributes may vary. As I told before, I hardly ever get ill, but on the other hand I have miserable constitution, based on my jogging. So, what's my constitution? 18 or 8? How I will measure it? I have no way (13 is not an option here, because it doesn't really reflect reallity), neither have you.

I'm just speaking my mind. There is no law that orders me to be "nice" or "polite" when there is no reason to do so. I'm harsh and hard to deal with, but that defines me. That's why I can tell that I'm myself.
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207

No offence, but I see little sense in this topic. That's because people are saying thier "stats" what they think they are, not what they exactly are. People with high self-esteem would raise them up, people with low would nerf them.

Example, some claim to have Int about 16 in spite the fact that 10 is average, and 18 is Stephen Hawking. Are you people working for NASA, are considered of genious or anything like that? Or maybe you think that you're not far from Hawking himself? I highly doubt that. Same with constitution. 16 because of healthy eating habits? If so, then, i'm 18 myself because I practicaly never get ill - but when I consider the fact that I'm dead after short sprint, I would gave myself 8 at most.

10 is average person. I don't believe that we all are better than average. Where's humility and critical estimation? Gone for a holiday?

That's because, I think, the D&D values influence our sense of what is "smart" and "genius" more than what the thread-creator typed out in a few short seconds.

On the D&D scale, for example, I would put people like Hawking and Einstein and the like at 20 INT or higher. I'd say 18 would be entry-level genius ability, so IQ 160 or so.

It's also worth pointing out that 10 out of 18 is NOT average. A more proper average would be 12. For all stats.

Then there's also the WIS stat to factor in. I gave myself an INT stat of 16 because, empirically, I'm rather intelligent. According to those tedious IQ tests, I'm at 145. And then a lower WIS score because I certainly don't feel terribly bright, and a painfully low CHA score because as smart as I'm supposed to be, I certainly haven't managed to make much out of my mind.

So, basically, I guess what I'm getting at is that it's rather asinine for you to go around trying to indirectly insult as many users as you can while at the same time refusing to really put yourself out there to face similar mockery.
    My understanding is that 18 is the highest a human can be "naturally" and that 10 is mediocre for a human.
    The reason I picked a scale to 18 was that I thought rating ourselves was more fun and interesting than figuring out whether Einstein is a 22 INT or 23.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    @Fake_Sketch lol'd at 'retarded choices'

Maybe I should adjust my wisdom score to 7
    edited September 2012

@Arsene_Lupin
    No, insulting was never my intetion, hence "no offence" at the very beginning. Evidently, it's being overlooked, but I don't think it, in the long run, is really *my* problem.

You have IQ of 145? That's great to hear. Doesn't matter the fact that psychologist for today cannot agree even on what exactly is intelligence, not to mention the fact if IQ tests are measuring it, or they just measure abillity to solve those tests. Basing your intelligence on test alone is not necessary valid.

What I actually wanted to say, is that people are cannot tell what their "stats" would be, because their "ego" is in the way. Also, their perception of their atributes may vary. As I told before, I hardly ever get ill, but on the other hand I have miserable constitution, based on my jogging. So, what's my constitution? 18 or 8? How I will measure it? I have no way (13 is not an option here, because it doesn't really reflect reallity), neither have you.

I'm just speaking my mind. There is no law that orders me to be "nice" or "polite" when there is no reason to do so. I'm harsh to deal with, but that defines me. That's why I can tell that I'm myself.

You may not mean to, but you sound like a troll. You are missing the point. Just because none of us can be perfectly accurate in gauging ourselves doesn't mean it isn't fun to try.

You don't have to be nice, but neither does anyone have treat what you say with any respect.

Humans are very sensitive to reciprocation.

@Rexfaroensis
    Peasant reporting:

Str: 9
    Dex: 9
    Con: 9
    Int: 12 ( I'm not to bright but enough for studying Computer engineering)
    Wis: 8 ( I've made a lot of retarded choices in my life)
    Cha: 9

Guys, you're not elite beings among humans, get over it.

Being a Comp Eng puts you above 12 INT, I think.

I think my numbers are pretty fair. I just try to estimate whether I am closer to the average or extremes in each of the categories.
    @triclops41 I assure you, I never intented to be troll or sound trollish on a forum about game series I really approve and love. That kind of action would be totally retarded. Due to impression I gave, and considering the theme of the topic, my Cha must be at very miserable level. 5 is about right.

But, I'm not a total douchebag, so I apologize if I offended anyone.
    I'm only studying Comp Eng, I still ain't one.
  • PaheejPaheej Member Posts: 126

Keep in mind 10 is average, 18 STR is World's Strongest Man competitor, 18 INT is Stephen Hawking, 18 Constitution is a Navy SEAL or UFC champion, etc.

I'm not sure if this is a good scale. For instance Stephen Hawking is certainly in an extremely elite class of individuals (maybe one in millions, or one in hundreds of thousands) for intelligence. A Navy SEAL or UFC Champion would be of similar rarity in regards to constitution, strength, etc.

However when we think about the actual 3-18 stat scale we're actually looking at an "18" being far less rare. The chance of rolling an 18 is 0.463% ((1/6)^3), which is approximately 1 in 216. Interestingly the 3d6 system acts similar to a bell curve. Having a "17" score would be the equivalent of 3 in 216 (1.38%) - which is not a linear increase.

If you had appropriate metrics you could then kind of estimate your "stats" based these numerical possibilities. Your metrics would have to be . . .
    a. Representative of a Population
    b. Relate to the Attribute
    c. Sequentially rank individuals or rank them based on percentile

For example, let's take intelligence. We'll consider intelligence similar to book smarts/traditional education . . . so now we need an appropriate comparable metric . . . You could use something like SAT score or High School Class Rank (b). I would use these more than say College Class Rank due to the SAT score and high school class rank having large sample sizes that mirror (to some degree) the population (a) and both have ranking or scores system (c).

For example, I was 7 out of 450 for class rank (way back in 2004). That puts me in the top 1.55%. Less than the top 1.38% of "17" but better than the top 2.77% of a "16" which means my INT should be "16". Interesting my SAT score was 1450 (of 1600) . . . which is in the top 2% and therefore gives roughly the same score as my class high school class rank. You could then use similar methods for other attributes.

@triclops41
    Benching over 300 lbs is no joke. If you are using one rep max as your metric you're probably in an insanely small group of people.
    http://powerlifter-400.blogspot.com/
    Admittedly if you're using a Smith Machine rather than free weights you're cheating yourself a bit, but lifting more than your body weight is not something that is common.
  • WoldanWoldan Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2012
    I'll be honest here and also back up my stats with facts wherever possible.

Str: 17 - Weight lifter, I can deadlift 250 with one arm, bench 300 easily and do 330 shrugs
    Dex: 11 - A tiny bit above average because I can shoot bows and climb pretty well
    Con: 17 - Last time I was sick was 5 years ago (And IRL its not possible to have lots of strength points without having a good constitution, otherwise the rigorous weight exercises alone would whoop your arse.)
    Int: 13 - According to the intelligence test I had to make in my military service time I'm slightly above average.
    Wis: 8 - I keep making foolish decisions and my life is a disaster zone. :P
    Cha: 15 - I'm not a social person but I'm surprisingly well liked and respected.
    Post edited by Woldan on
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    @Woldan and apparently you play Thief!
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600

Haha, you made the very thread I said I wouldn't!

Strength - 11 - protein bars
    Dexterity - 13 - I'm good with a pencil
    Constitution - 9 - asthmatic
    Intelligence - 11 - graduated from art school
    Wisdom - 12 - it's been a hard knock life
    Charisma - 13 - need I explain?

Just quoting myself so you all know how a more or less average person looks
    Hell, let me break down each one for you :)

Strength - 11 - I go to the gym 3 times a week, naturally built, but nothing spectacular, only just a bit stronger than for example someone similar to my age, build and weight who doesn't go to the gym

Dexterity - 13 - I did gymnastics and diving all throughout my early teens, then badminton after that, and I'm an artist so have been good with my hands since I could first pick up a pencil

Constitution - 9 - like I said - asthmatic, also allergic to animal fur and always catch an illness in winter, I jog all the time though (2 miles usually) without losing my breath, but I think the other factors work against that

Intelligence - 11 - graduated from art college with a distinction and from university with a first, I think that alone bumps up my intelligence by one point, I'd also be inclined to say I have 'creative intelligence' ... whatever that means!

Wisdom - 12 - bad times growing up, live in Croydon South London (google it, it's not nice), two older half brothers from my mum's first marriage, parents divorced etc - I still think of this as a more or less average childhood, many of my friends experienced similar situations, I'm only 23 so I don't know fucking everything, I'm no seer

Charisma - 13 - here's where it gets embarrassing, used to part time model during uni for extra cash, I was fairly well liked and outgoing during my time there too, made a lot of friends but even more enemies (art industry is crazy competitive) so how does that effect my charisma? Does a force of personality by making people dislike you raise or lower your charisma?
  • WoldanWoldan Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2012

@Woldan and apparently you play Thief!

Yep, I'm a taffer! Thief TDP and TMA are such great games, how can you NOT play them? 8]

• JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    edited September 2012
    STR 10
    DEX 14
    CON 12
    INT 16
    WIS 10
    CHA 10

...drunk stats:
    STR 12
    DEX 20
    CON 14
    INT 10
    WIS 18
    CHA 18
    @Jaxsbudgie You clearly get it. Anyway, I'm surprised to find out your are only 23, your tumblr looked like that one of a seasoned professional.
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    I love this! Ok self-evaluation.

Strength 4 - I am pathetically weak. Pathetically.

Dexterity 13 - While playing soccer I once got my legs tangled with another players. I had taken Aikido years ago, and instead of falling I rolled through it came up on my feet and continued running after the ball.

Constitution 8 - I'm not horribly unhealthy or anything, but I don't eat well.

Intelligence 13 - I can bs my way through any class, I was a student who got straight A's with minimal effort.

Wisdom 15 - Wisdom is my best point. I have good intuition and I am a cautious person, I almost never rush into a situation, and I'm good at split second crisis decisions.

Charisma 9 - I have a difficult time meeting or introducing myself to people, but once I feel safe with someone I can open up.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    We've done this thread already, way down below the first page of the forum, but I'm all for another one, since I find these kinds of discussions very interesting.

Several people have done psychological aptitude tests that give you your real life stats, independently from your own ego or self-image.

I like this one, because it doesn't let you rate your own intelligence - it actually gives you a short intelligence test based on your ability to solve puzzles, and it tests your wisdom based on your verbal ability:

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/terragf/back/xstattest.html

Here's another one that also gives you your alignment based on several hypothetical moral dilemmas:

http://www.easydamus.com/character.html

Here are my stats, based on the angelfire test:

STR 8
    DEX 5
    CON 10
    INT 13/14 (quantitative/analytical)
    WIS 15 (verbal)
    CHA 12

Here are my stats based on the easydamus test:

STR 12
    DEX 9
    CON 13
    INT 16
    WIS 16
    CHA 11

The easydamus test also says that I am a 7th level lawful neutral wizard, although the level is based on your age.

I would love to see people in this thread take both the tests and post the results. Also, there are others available. If you find one that you like better than either of these two, I would love to see your results and hear why you think it is a better test.
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    Not to be critical of the op, but attempting to evaluate oneself according to d&d stats does illuminate the fact that a pen and paper rpg, no matter how terrific, doesn't exactly capture the range of individual differences. I'm not being a scrooge when I say I can't even start. Ok, perhaps I could fairly safely say my strength would be average or less.

Take dexterity, for instance: Here, we're talking everything from fine motor skills to gymnastics. I'm pretty hot at threading a needle, but I'm not sure how that would affect my armour class.

Wouldn't even touch int/wis/cha with a quarterstaff +1.
    salieri said:

Not to be critical of the op, but attempting to evaluate oneself according to d&d stats does illuminate the fact that a pen and paper rpg, no matter how terrific, doesn't exactly capture the range of individual differences. I'm not being a scrooge when I say I can't even start. Ok, perhaps I could fairly safely say my strength would be average or less.

Take dexterity, for instance: Here, we're talking everything from fine motor skills to gymnastics. I'm pretty hot at threading a needle, but I'm not sure how that would affect my armour class.

Wouldn't even touch int/wis/cha with a quarterstaff +1.

I'm not doing this for science, but for fun.
    For me at least, it's fun to try to be as honest as possible. No bragging, no self-effacing.
    It's fun, give it a good try. What would your most honest close friend give you in the mental stats?

We've done this thread already, way down below the first page of the forum, but I'm all for another one, since I find these kinds of discussions very interesting.

Several people have done psychological aptitude tests that give you your real life stats, independently from your own ego or self-image.

I like this one, because it doesn't let you rate your own intelligence - it actually gives you a short intelligence test based on your ability to solve puzzles, and it tests your wisdom based on your verbal ability:

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/terragf/back/xstattest.html

Here's another one that also gives you your alignment based on several hypothetical moral dilemmas:

http://www.easydamus.com/character.html

Here are my stats, based on the angelfire test:

STR 8
    DEX 5
    CON 10
    INT 13/14 (quantitative/analytical)
    WIS 15 (verbal)
    CHA 12

Here are my stats based on the easydamus test:

STR 12
    DEX 9
    CON 13
    INT 16
    WIS 16
    CHA 11

The easydamus test also says that I am a 7th level lawful neutral wizard, although the level is based on your age.

I would love to see people in this thread take both the tests and post the results. Also, there are others available. If you find one that you like better than either of these two, I would love to see your results and hear why you think it is a better test.

I think verbal ability is a poor proxy for wisdom, and quant for int.

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    edited September 2012
    Strength: 7 (I have very little upper body strength whatsoever)
    Dexterity: 15 (Used to be a gymnast, didn't get very far, but had a natural knack for it)
    Constitution: 13 (Very healthy, and have very good genes, fast metabolism and alot of endurance when working out or running)
    Intelligence: 15 (I'm a B+ student, and always got Straight A's in Mathematics)
    Wisdom: 17 (One thing I'm known for is how insightful I am, especially when it comes to Psychological matters)
    Charisma: 16 (I love speeches, and deliver them well, and I've also modeled before for my University, was chosen as one of the two males out of several hundred :) One of the OTHER things I'm known for is my hair, and many fantasy enthusiasts say I look like an elf :)

This may seem I'm tooting my own horn on some of these scores, but I welcome the chance to prove myself, and looking at these statistics that I thought of on the fly, I would definitly say I would make a decent mage, or bard. I've been told I can sing as well, but I disagree with that a bit. Most people say I'm good but not great lol. My Older brother who also plays this game, I would peg with These stats:

Strength: 15 (Definitely WAY better than me)
    Dexterity: 13 (He's pretty balanced here)
    Constitution: 15 (Healthier than me, and NEVER gets sick)
    Intelligence: 16 (Studies things more than I do and has a slightly better memory)
    Wisdom: 14 (I would say he's pretty damn insightful too but a bit Naive (sorry big bro >.<)
    Charisma: 18 (He could become president if he wanted to and is studying to be a lawyer)

I think he would make a better Fighter/Mage or Cleric/Mage. I would say bard, but he's not very artistic...

Str: 18/00 - I do steroids
    Dex: 8 - I do steroids
    Wis: 8 - I do steroids

Best contribution, bravo.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited September 2012
    @triclops41, I think that quantitative and analytical ability are the perfect representation of INT. The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and MAT (Miller Analogies Test) in real life agree.

You don't get to rate your own intelligence. You either have the ability to tackle problems, remember data, and solve puzzles, or you don't. And we all have it to greater or lesser degree.

I would agree that equating wisdom with verbal ability is problematic, as I think that should also be a function of intelligence.

Still, I don't buy self-reported evaluations, since they are not actual representations of aptitudes, but rather an anecdotal expression of ego.

I still would like to see people reporting their results of attempts at objective psychological testing here, and also their evaluations of the various testing tools and their effectiveness, and why they think it is a good test or not.