Skip to content

Downloading SoD Limited Connectivity

2»

Comments

• Pluc082Pluc082 Member Posts: 80

Will play... someday ;)
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    I hear the voice of that Gnome in the Circus tent saying "this isnt what was promised to mee!!!"
    Jairyanna
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    I am sooooo mad right now I am going to Starbucks and eating all the honey packets!!! I need to wait 6 days to play SoE. Nooooooooooooo moommmmm!

• WilddreddWilddredd Member Posts: 8
    I also am constantly having to restart the Beamdog client, as it keeps crashing or giving me errors even though my internet is just fine.

Anything I can do to speed this along? I'd like to play eventually/sooner than 64 days from now, but do I just have to wait until I'm the only person left downloading the game?
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Throwing my hat in here, the download speed is atrocious. And I've got 100 MB/s internet!
  • FinniganFinnigan Member Posts: 10
    Been downloading for 4.5 hours, 1.1GB downloaded. Is there any hope in sight?
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
    I've started the download exactly when they released. Right now I'm at Overall progress: 94.3%

Very slow download rate... but hey, it's only an issue right now. It will get better. And Steam keys are available anyway.
  • NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    lol you guys dont work with Software, or you are deliriously out of touch with reality. :]

I'm downloading at 50Kb a second. I harken back to the days of my youth, on a modem....and I smile.

Entitled millennials I say. ;)
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    For me it's gone all the way up to 3,7 Gb at an acceptable speed but now it's downloading att approx 1 kb/s... Wtf??? Anyone else having this problem?
  • NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    Mines just out and out crashing on update. :]
  • RustyKnucklesRustyKnuckles Member Posts: 7
    at 3.7 g. 400 b/s....thats bytes??? Stuck at 99.8%...I don't care about the slow download (250-600 k/s) but this really is terrible now. I'm going on 6 hours now I think...

at 3.7 g. 400 b/s....thats bytes??? Stuck at 99.8%...I don't care about the slow download (250-600 k/s) but this really is terrible now. I'm going on 6 hours now I think...

I've got exactly the same.

This hints to the fact that it's a peer to peer download, and none of the seeders has the last bytes of the game ... yet :)

Oh well. Gaming tomorrow SoD, until then, back to my IWD:EE game.
  • gnaumiecgnaumiec Member Posts: 62
    Mine got stuck at 99% too with 300 b/s, but once i unchecked p2p it sped right up again. Hope that info will help you guys.
    Mine is just.... DONE!!!!
  • riomar2000riomar2000 Member Posts: 4
    I had 1.5 Gb / 3.7 Gb downloaded, the app crashed, I reloaded.... now I'm back to 900 Mb ;(
    tried unchecking p2p. didn't do anything for me. could be anywhere from an hour to 13 hours...ugh. not tonight i guess.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    This reminds me of when I was helping do the disco choreography on this T-ARA vid in South Korea. They kept stopping to eat snacks every hour when some new delivery guy came in all the time I was downloading Baldurs Gate EE. But the girls would barely eat a bite of it and then all the film crew would just destroy. They had no idea what Baldurs Gate was and asked me if it was similar to "Lineageee"

that is....something. thanks for that. 4 minutes closer to SoD.
  • lawcienlawcien Member Posts: 5
    Ugh at least you guys are further than I am. Ive been doing this since 10 am MSt so about 8 hrs now. I am at an amazing 15 percent. Getting any where from a few B/S to a max 100 KS. Patience is not a virtue of mine. Guess Ill have to wait like everyone else. Beamdog should have allowed pre downloads for this exact reason. I understand that they don't nor ever will have the severs required for things like steam etc, but they should at least have back up plans or something. The wait is killing me.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Was so excited to get off work today... now it would seem I will be lucky to play SoD when I get home tomorrow even :neutral:
  • TheMatrixDragonTheMatrixDragon Member Posts: 5
    GhavGrim said:

...wait, you're saying you won't buy another game from them?
    ...so if they came up with IcewindDale4...you would care not a whit? Really?
    Faced with the harrowing prospect of having to spend almost a whole day downloading the thing, you'd rather just walk away?

...Kiddo, did you ever try installing Wing Commander with the speech pack from floppy disk?
    It was worth it.

...That being said - the installer has crashed 3 times on me 262MB of 3.7GB, 19-100kb/s.
    So I'm going to pack up my shtick and go to bed - I'm sure they'll have addressed that by tomorrow evening.
    World won't end in the meantime.

Poor show, Beamdog, try to get it right next time.

HAH got you beat there. Ever try installing Star Trek 25th Anniversary on floppy? Install long and prosper.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    The beam dog client was so incredibly painful that i just quit but later tried the manual download through the beam dog store and it was incredibly fast. Idk if it was just later and most people had already downloaded or it is just a faster way to do it.
  • BarachielBarachiel Member Posts: 82
    It's done! It's finally done!!!! *faints with joy*
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    I am downloading at 440 b/s for the past hour. Is there anyway I can speed this up? I was hoping this wouldnt be a problem since I just got off work a hour ago.
  • BarachielBarachiel Member Posts: 82
    Hit pause on the DL, wait a minute, and restart it.

Also, I've found starting a second DL of another BeamDog product seems to help. I started the BG2 2.0 update and I stayed about 100kbs most of the time, which was FAR better than it had been doing.
  • idilippyidilippy Member Posts: 6
    My client keeps locking up, I give up.
  • MasterAeschylusMasterAeschylus Member Posts: 11
    stuck at 99.9 percent, says 8 hours to go...
    Sylvus_Moonbow
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    I download, it gets maybe 20 MB, then crashes. When I load, I keep maybe 5 of those MBs. This is not okay.
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    Apparently BG2:EE is downloading happily for people, though.
  • lawcienlawcien Member Posts: 5
    Qbert said:

The beam dog client was so incredibly painful that i just quit but later tried the manual download through the beam dog store and it was incredibly fast. Idk if it was just later and most people had already downloaded or it is just a faster way to do it.

How does one do this? and the client? I just downloaded from the store from where I pre ordered the game whats the client?