Skip to content

Where to install mods? Do BGEE and SoD now share the same resources?

I see that I can start a BGEE game both from the standalone BGEE (I am a Mac user) and from within SoD. If I want to run a character from BGEE to SoD, do I need to install mods in the SoD folder, or both the BGEE and SoD folders?

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Lathspellguest I can't answer your question but I want to pass along a warning: Right now we're getting consistent reports of being unable to pass the cutscene transitioning between the first SoD Zone and the next SoD Zone.

All reports that have "fixed" it show Mods as the cause of the failure. I don't have a list at this point of what mods are causing the issues or if it's all of them (incidental reports say it's not every mod causing an issue) but I'd caution you to be very careful with modding the game at this point as on initial release, we're unsure what will and won't break the SoD Content.
  • LathspellguestLathspellguest Member Posts: 60
    Thanks for the tip! I will be cautious.
  • tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63

I see that I can start a BGEE game both from the standalone BGEE (I am a Mac user) and from within SoD. If I want to run a character from BGEE to SoD, do I need to install mods in the SoD folder, or both the BGEE and SoD folders?

What is "the SoD folder"? In Steam, SoD is
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\dlc\sod-dlc.zip

I wish I could permanently leave it unpacked in whatever way (I tried a folder named "sod-dlc.zip"), but the game only seems to use the zip file, so for any change I need to unpack/pack.
    edited April 2016
    @tortuosit Interesting. On my Mac, apparently there it is Applications\Baldur's Gate – Siege of Dragonspear\Game Data\00806\SiegeofDragonspear.exe.

It has the icon of a RAR file.
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    http://www.littlemistake.com/archives/2524

I d/l and use the GUI from the link and now my games look messed up, so I del the override folder and add in the rest of the stuff not including this UI?
  • tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63
    Sorry Gatt, I cannotz help. But oh I wish someone can make "Antique Brass GUI for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition" compatible with EE+SoD. http://www.littlemistake.com/archives/2524
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the bg1 mods the require the tlk file [ so pretty much all the ones i use] are broken on steam due to how beamdog did sod on that. meh might have to just go into sod with a new character or wait until the mod issue is fixed.
    I'm running Rogue Rebalancing, Wizard Slayer Rebalancing, and the Tweaks Anthology without issue so far. In order to get them to play in SoD's BGEE, I had to install them in the folder with the chitin key. I haven't tried to play in SoD yet, but I did check the character creation screen, and I found that the Wizard Slayer kit description reflected the WSR changes.

I didn't have to unpack the SoD exe file.