Skip to content

Can't leave the Crypt

GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
When I've cleared the crypt and speak to Imoen selecting the "return to the Duchal Palace" option, the UI disappears like there should be a cut scene but nothing happens. Everyone stands around doing nothing... forever.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    I do.
    Grammarsalad
    There ya go.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Grammarsalad
    I've tried that a few times with no success. I'm currently reinstalling and making sure that any and all mods are gone before starting again. I saved my save games so hopefully those will still work.
    [Deleted User]
  • OranjeLamentOranjeLament Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the exact same issue at the moment. No resolution so far.
  • OranjeLamentOranjeLament Member Posts: 2
    Ok deleting all local content in Steam then going into my Baldur's Gate folder in my Program Files and deleting everything there, then re-downloading worked.
    [Deleted User]
  • RhelnaRhelna Member Posts: 17
    Same issue here. I'll try reinstalling.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2016
    Can't repro it. What kind of mods did you have on it? (they probably shouldn't be an issue since they should have been cleared out anyways)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I'm looking at this now also.

Can we get more info: What kind of system OS are you running on, where did you get the game, did you do anything special in the Safehouse zone?

Any info you can provide that would help us repro this would be appreciated. There're are several reports of this and the only thing we've been able to link back to definitively is modding.
  • NightDashNightDash Member Posts: 18
    Same thing here too. Here's the save file.
    I have the baldur's gate NPC project and the tweak mod installed.
    edited April 2016
    Couple things I notice @GoodSteve and others:
    1) There's a custom portrait. This shouldn't be any kind of issue at all but it's a difference between what you're playing and what we've been testing.

2) This is obviously an imported game.

So, for all of you out there I have a couple requests:

Can you play through the safehouse on your systems with a non-custom portrait and by starting a new character from scratch instead of importing a saved game from BG:EE?

Also for everyone who's having this issue and knows their game is NOT modded in any way, can you please also identify if your saved game is from an Import from BG:EE or a "start from scratch" playthrough?

Also, can you remember what conversation options with Imoen you chose? If all of them produce the same effect then that's what I need to know. Otherwise what was the conversation path you took?

I should also ask what difficulty setting you're playing on.

And do you have Debug / Console on or off? (I.e. can you get to the dev console or not via your Baldur.lua file?)

Does everyone who's got this bug have the Achievement "The End of Korlasz"?

And finally: Do you all have mods (ANY MODS) installed on BG:EE/SOD at this point? And I really do mean any mods...if it's an addon that's not shipped by Beamdog as part of BG:EE or SoD I'd like to know about it.
    [Deleted User]
    I tried the different options with Imoen just now with the same result. Playing on normal. Debug is on.
    edited April 2016
    Fixed it. Uninstalled the game and got rid of the mods and I was able to leave the crypt. Still using my imported character and custom portrait.
    When you say "got rid of the mods" can you explain further? What mods did you have installed? It would help us identify what mods are causing this problem.
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2016
    Obligatory first post notice.

Having the same issue. No mods installed, and no imported BGEE save file, game was started from scratch with a new play through. I started the game from the Beamdog client to play while I waited for my steamkey, so I'm not sure if there are achievements in game through the client, but I DID kill Korlasz. Playing on normal difficulty, did not enable console, and dont quite remember the conversation choices with Imoen unfortunately.

Updated to include additional information request in previous blue post.
    @ButteredToast Ok, can you look in your game folder for a file called "weidu.log" and let me know if you have it and/or if you can post it if you do have it?

You can find your game folder by opening the beamdog launcher, right clicking on the play button and selecting "Open game location"

Should take you to your Beamdog Games directory with the directory for that game highlighted. Double click the highlighted game directory and you should see the weidu.log file if there is one.
    @ButteredToast Also can you tell me what OS this is running on? Mac/Windows/Linux? Version?
    Illydth said:

@ButteredToast Also can you tell me what OS this is running on? Mac/Windows/Linux? Version?

Windows 10, completely updated!
    edited April 2016
    Ok, so I'm running Win 10 as well on my test machine and not seeing the issue. We're scratching our heads trying to figure out what the commonality is. If you've got no mods installed, doing a from scratch start on the Beamdog client and I can't reproduce the issue with your save (I tried the one posted above, can you post yours? Zip it first, and use the attach feature to post it)...I'm not sure where to go with Debug.

I guess I'd ask you to create another character and try again. Let me know what happens.

I've got to drop off for about an hour, but I"ll check back in on the thread after that to see what I can see.
    Will do! Thanks. I guess it may be worth double checking but should Imoen be next to the rope you started at in order to exit or should she be on the screen after you climb out? Currently watching Critical Role so it's currently not time intensive. Much appreciate your help.
    Just in case it matters, I'm actually using windows 8.1
    Started a new run, haven't attempted to leave yet but during the first play though, Imoen's dialogue didn't trigger when first entering the lower level (where she informs you to talk to the priestess to learn about undead.) I'm not entirely sure if I spoke with her in the room just before either where she discusses the sword just after you fight the first mage. Mayhaps has something to do with her not spawning in the next floor below?
    I had the NPC project mod installed, playing in core difficulty, windows 7. Imported my final save from bg1 and had the mod installed before installing sod.

I've reinstalled and removed the mod and now I've gotten past that part.