Skip to content

How do you use mages?

2»

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I use them for everything, mages are incredibly versatile. In fact it's the only class I've soloed the game with.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    A little bit of everything.

I avoid spells who depends on save throw (save or suck) as often as possible. Just use these on "boss enemies" because I can throw tons of spells to prejudice his rolls.

Every wizard that I play or control (in Infinite Engine, not in PnP) ends up using Magic Missile above everything else.
  • Clumsy_DwarfClumsy_Dwarf Member Posts: 112
    Web, Cloud Kill, Frieball, Frieball, Frieball, Frieball, Frieball, Frieball, Frieball

Also removing spellcaster protections.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited March 2016
    My mage does pretty much everything himself. The other characters are just there for show.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    I general my mages are for debuffing enemy mages and sometimes casting some CC or buffing my party.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2016
    I use mages as scouts and environment control, with heavy emphasis on area effect, hold and chaos spells. I strike first with them, then send in the swords.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    EXPLOSIOOOOOONS!!!!
    tumblr_inline_o2eigymDeB1sg5vym_500.gif
  • Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    edited March 2016
    Always try to make a charmer/confuser type, but then I start running into skeletons and mages other enemies with a host of immunities, leaving me with no idea what's going to work. At which point I always wind up just packing on summons fireballs and breaches, and never casting them because I don't want to waste them and am looking for the 'perfect' moment. My mages always end up disappointing.

Edit: At least they can always use boomerang daggers.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Why wasn't there a "bury the enemy in summons" option? I do plenty of that, too.
  • Ark_ToleiArk_Tolei Member Posts: 69
    Generally I play mages as tanks or relegate them to the sidelines where they only meaningfully participate in particularly difficult fights. I get alot of work out of my slings.

General utility involves spellcaster interruption, occasional CC, and every now and then ubernuking a dragon after it mazes my tank. I rest extremely rarely so every spell is precious.
  • MoonheartMoonheart Member Posts: 520
    edited April 2016
    I play a Dragon Disciple... in a party that I call the "Children of Fire"... and write a playthrough on this forum about this party inside which I explain how you can rape Twisted Rune with Incendiary Clouds in less than 3 rounds....

Seriously, what did you expect me to answer to that kind of poll? :lol: