Skip to content

SoD bug: NPCs' lines are misplaced

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
1. Start as new SoD game
2. Click on an NPC
3. Hear what they actually say and what is written in nthe dialogue box

Observed:
The lines don't match.

Expected:
The lines match.

Notes:
No mods, just a fresh install of SoD from Beamdog on Windows.

Comments

• tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    edited March 2016
    So as in the title this is not a big thing but I noticed that after having just gotten SoD installed and playing the BG part still. Every single NPC's talk seems to have been missplaced somehow seeing as everytime I click on them or do anything that prompts a comment what they say versus what pops up as their comment in text is completly off. For the MC they are still correct but for every one of my 5 NPC's for instance, Clicking on Imoen get's the comment "Gettin out alive I am" while the text shows up as "I care not" - Minsc "Ahh night time...good for sneaking up on evil!" while text shows "Who wants some?" etc etc.

Also I dont really understand why but their dying comments have been mixed into the click on them comments in Imoen's case and in Khalid's case his lose of moral and getting scared comment has turned into his attack comment.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Which game are you seeing this in? Do you have any mods installed?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You can submit bug reports for Siege of Dragonspear on Redmine in the new public project: http://support.baldursgate.com/projects/bg-sod-bugs
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    I was seeing this in BG:EE, no mods I was just finishing up my game for SoD and wanted a clean game. I was on Isle of Balduran at the time and this was after downloading the SoD expansion from the beamdog downloader.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    There's a bug ticket for this here:
    http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/22135

We'll follow up further there.