Skip to content

I am really getting annoyed with the inability of this company's download server

I cant download the game. I bought it and I want to play it as I have 5 hours before my dnd tabletop meetup. If they cant figure out a way to make the game download then Im out and want a refund. This stuff has got to go. All the games did this and you figure they would get it right.

Here goes- The game wont let me download the big long file because everytime i go on server through link it says on email, it says go here and download the game. I did that and the connection says (after i put in password and email) server not found.

From here I tried to go on the regular games bg 1,2 IWd and go through there. Didnt work. The server is up there but it states that i am on offline which doesnt make sense as my connection is fine.

There's about 4 hours left before I abandon this game as I really cannot take 4 hours out of my day to get something to work which should work.

So if anyone knows something about the server i dont, I wont mind if you tell me because this is prally the only new game i WANTED to play.

Comments

• PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    If you purchased the game through Beamdog, you can request a Steam key - Steam downloads seem to be going off without a hitch.
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    I dont even know how to do that as I own baldurs gate 1 ee and bg2 ee on beamdog. So i would have to purchase bg1 ee as well. Not going to happen. Unless of course they happen to buy my bgee on steam. I own bg ee on beamdog for mac and pc so 2 times. If you or anyone knows someone that can do that. That would be great!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You can get Steam keys for any of the games you own on Beamdog.com - just let Support know you're having issues with downloading the game, and they'll get you set up with Steam keys.
  • ArcaterArcater Member Posts: 22
    Where can I send the email to request my steam codes? Support does not seem to answer right away, which I understand, but I do not want to wait 24h for the support reply!
    Yeah where can i send message?
  • DreisDreis Member Posts: 34
    Dee said:

You can get Steam keys for any of the games you own on Beamdog.com - just let Support know you're having issues with downloading the game, and they'll get you set up with Steam keys.

is it possible to get this stickied either as a notification or as an announcement to help others as i feel it would help lessen the frustration of folks.
    Purudaya said:

If you purchased the game through Beamdog, you can request a Steam key - Steam downloads seem to be going off without a hitch.

If this works you all get to be postmaster general.
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Member Posts: 16
    DKnight said:

Yeah where can i send message?

Support@beamdog.com. Can confirm as well, just received mine today. Keep in mind it's going to take some time (was an over-night wait for me,) since they probably have boat loads of people who pre-ordered and are wanting steam keys.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I've requested a Steam key. The download speed has been practically non-existent today. I've been downloading since 6am yesterday.

I suspect there are so many people after it at the same time they are having a bit of a melt down? :P