Skip to content

here's the main thing I don't like about the experience bar

I really like that there's a visual representation of a level's progress through the experience bar, however there's one aspect to it that I think is counterintuitive: At the beginning of a new level, it's already partially filled. A Fighter at level 1 requires 2000 exp, so it shows the bar filling from 0% to 100% and then there's a little animation that says it's time to level up, yay. However, going from level 2 to level 3, a Fighter needs 4000 exp, but the bar already starts at 50% filled. From level 3 to 4, a Figher needs 8000 exp, so again, it starts at 50% filled. I think this doesn't do an adequate job of representing the progress of the journey of the current level to the next. (Remember Progress Quest?) I'd like to suggest that the experience bar only fill only by way of the total experience needed until the next level, so the Fighter from 2 to 3 would start at a 0% full bar at 2000 and then be at 100% at 4000, then be at 0% full at 4000 and 100% full at 8000, and so on.

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited April 2016
    Also flashing button thing should do the level up process, not the nondescript button to the left of it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.