Skip to content

BG:EE 75% off @Steam

Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
Anyone looking to join in on the adventure in Siege of Dragonspear but don't have Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition?

Well brave warriors, Steam has it for 75% off the original price, so snag it if you've been waiting for a sale, then pick up Siege of Dragonspear!

Also, for anyone interested, Siege of Dragonspear is doing quite well on Steam since it was released today.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=globaltopsellers&os=win

5th place!

Comments

• pvddrpvddr Member Posts: 38
    I just purchased the game on beamdog before this offer went on for $20... considering I haven't been able to download a tenth of it in 5 hours and I have no perspective of being able to do it anytime soon (it keeps crashing), do you think they'd give me a refund?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    @typo_tilly Thanks for the link. I bought BG:EE around 30 minutes before the official launch of SoD so it'd be really awesome if Beamdog could refund the difference. Do you think they'd do it due to how close the purchase was? I know that Blizzard CS does it and I was able to receive partial refunds like that from Valve as well if it was one of their products.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2016
    pvddr said:

I just purchased the game on beamdog before this offer went on for $20... considering I haven't been able to download a tenth of it in 5 hours and I have no perspective of being able to do it anytime soon (it keeps crashing), do you think they'd give me a refund?

Krotos said:

@typo_tilly Thanks for the link. I bought BG:EE around 30 minutes before the official launch of SoD so it'd be really awesome if Beamdog could refund the difference. Do you think they'd do it due to how close the purchase was? I know that Blizzard CS does it and I was able to receive partial refunds like that from Valve as well if it was one of their products.

I don't handle this stuff but try emailing support@beamdog.com
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    elminster said:

pvddr said:

Krotos said:

I don't handle this stuff but try emailing support@beamdog.com
    Done that already, waiting for the reply now. ^^
  • Yann1989Yann1989 Member Posts: 92
    Anyway, that discount is great because I could buy SoD today instead of waiting for the Mac App Store release; I'm ready to pay 5 euros to have it in advance :)
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
    Dee said:

Not only that, but if you don't already own the original (non-Enhanced) versions, those versions are now included with your GOG purchase of BG:EE, BGII:EE, and IWD:EE.

I'm not sure that's quite correct. From their announcement:

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately.

So it's not the case right now. On GOG I own the IWD:EE but not the original IWD. I wonder if I will get it automatically after April 29 on my GOG shelf.
  • NyaNya Member Posts: 5

Anyone looking to join in on the adventure in Siege of Dragonspear but don't have Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition?

Well brave warriors, Steam has it for 75% off the original price, so snag it if you've been waiting for a sale, then pick up Siege of Dragonspear!

Also, for anyone interested, Siege of Dragonspear is doing quite well on Steam since it was released today.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=globaltopsellers&os=win

5th place!

ill make sure to not buy a copy. really wanted my friend to have a copy on steam but its a rather new revelation that Beamdog didn't respect BG series or its lore.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Thanks for the pointless post! <3
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Nya said:

ill make sure to not buy a copy. really wanted my friend to have a copy on steam but its a rather new revelation that Beamdog didn't respect BG series or its lore.

Well, thanks for passing on through.

Travel safe on your way out!