Skip to content

Jaheira, where has your beautiful voice gone?

I noticed that not a single dialogue line of hers has been voiced. I thought she was supposed to have a new voice actor. Have I been misinformed? :'(

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited April 2016
    Beamdog said that they tried to contact her original VA, Heidi Shannon, but unfortunately with no success.
    For this reason, they decided to keep her silent.
    I agree. A different voice for Jaheira would have sounded strange and out of place.
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    PLEASE, SOMEONE FIND HEIDI!!!
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited April 2016

We did work with another actress for a bit, but she couldn't quite bring Jaheira to the level we needed. In our internal testing we got consistent feedback that the new lines sounded weird and jarring, so we opted to restore her original voice set and not have her lines voiced. It was disappointing but I think better than having a clearly not-Jaheira voice in the game.

It's a pitty you couldn't find Heidi Shannon. His acting as Jaheira was simply astonishing and touched everyone in this forum. I searched about her on the internet, and it seems her last work was something like in 2001. I couldn't find any information about her after this time. Really great voice actress... And I think that if she could have returned, for we freaks here that still love Baldur's Gate, it would have the same feeling as Star Wars fans had with the returning of Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil or Carrie Fisher for The Force Awakens.
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267

We did work with another actress for a bit, but she couldn't quite bring Jaheira to the level we needed. In our internal testing we got consistent feedback that the new lines sounded weird and jarring, so we opted to restore her original voice set and not have her lines voiced. It was disappointing but I think better than having a clearly not-Jaheira voice in the game.

Are these files still in game somewhere? I know they were not perfect but now im curious what they did sound like :P. Maybe can use a voice altering app to Jaheiraiz her lol