Skip to content

For me: The worst game launch within the last 30 years / Not any longer.

ArcaterArcater Member Posts: 22
Topic has been resolved. Thanks for the help from the forum and for the Steam keys from support.
Post edited by Arcater on

Comments

• BigCitySheltsBigCityShelts Member Posts: 7
    I only experienced the slow load times. You might try re-dowloading, as painful as that sounds. Imports and saves are working fine for me.

Out of curiosity, what happened 30 years ago?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Arcater said:

Game does not install properly, game does not save games, no chance to change the language (settings are not saved), no import of saved games or character files. Can't beamdog just get another company to do the rollout for them?

VERY strange . all those things work fine for me.
  • ArcaterArcater Member Posts: 22
    Yes, I am sure it might have to do with the previously installed games. I will delete all files and download the SoD again... 30 years ago (plus/minus a few) I got my first computer, an Apple II+ and played The Bard's Tale on it :-)
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473

Out of curiosity, what happened 30 years ago?

An unfortunate incident involving Pac-Man?

edited April 2016
    So I deleted all files, downloaded the game again - and it tells me it is a PowerPC code and not able to run on my iMac. Dear Beamdog - what is wrong with your software? Can I please get to run my paid game after 16 hours plus not working?
  • VirelaiVirelai Member Posts: 19
    I had the same problem on my first install. Second time it worked fine, so it does work - macs can be oddly temperamental in an infuriating way. I'm running El Capitan FYI. My advice is to just try again and remain patient. So sorry to hear you're having problems.
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    Launches never got smoothly. That said, I got it through Steam on Windows and it downloaded quickly so I may be biased.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Well, the game and the download were very messy, to say it softly, but I am not sure if it is the worst in 30 years
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Arcater said:

So I deleted all files, downloaded the game again - and it tells me it is a PowerPC code and not able to run on my iMac. Dear Beamdog - what is wrong with your software? Can I please get to run my paid game after 16 hours plus not working?

Are you running El Capitan as well?
    Yes, I am running El Capitan OS 10.11.4