Skip to content

Anyone gotten EEKeeper working with SoD?

Title says it all. My EEKeeper won't recognize the saves. Granted, I'm using what I think is the old version that only links to one game at a time, not the one that switches easily between the two originals. If anyone finds a workaround so I can mess with the globals to have multiple romances running, please post it here.

Comments

• ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2016
    Sort of, yes. It doesn't fully work yet, but you can tinker with a few things (it won't recognize any of the new content SoD/Patch 2.0 has added and will generate errors).

You can find the specifics of how here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-3/p45

Still lets you edit XP, ability scores, etc (though I've only messed with tinkering the ability scores and item counts I already had).

*Edit: I'm using the Beamdog version of BG:EE/SoD, though I suspect the GOG version will work much the same way. Not sure about the Steam version.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Remember to tick "use custom save location" when selecting the save directory, that did it for me :)

You don't want to edit any characters carrying SoD-specific content though as those items will be lost. Have your party members drop those items on the ground before you get into any tweaking :smile:
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Yep. I did some minor changes - after changing my installation directory to the SoD one. I'd suggest updating.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I have the new save game directory hooked up as an option, same as what I did for Black Pits and multiplayer, but there will be no release until I get the Steam Zip file reading up and working.

For now, if you have the Beamdog version of the game then EE Keeper will work the way it always has—with the only change needed being the adjustment to the save game directory (you'll need to use the custom option for now).
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    I just copied and pasted the file from SODSAVE to SAVE and edited it (i had created some custom stuff for BG1 game that didnt transfer so I had to fix it) then I pasted it back. I did this at the beginning of the game. I dont think it'd work after u picked up any items. They'd be deleted.
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    I've edited characters that had items EEKeeper didn't recognize and saved and they still had the items. Weird.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    It recognized my bgee save. With that save, make a transition to sod. However, every time you want to play sod you will have to load bgee not sod, because sod apparently doesnt recognize bg ee transitioned saves
  • TriaxxTriaxx Member Posts: 56
    Thanks folks, I'll try these out. Does anyone know the romance globals? Want to try multiples at once, but I'm getting the "you must choose" talks. The game did not recognize my previous Neera romance from what I can tell, even though I know there's supposed to be a global for BG2 imports.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    You could do like i do, extract EE Keeper three times. Name one folder BGEE Keeper, SoD Keeper and BG2EE Keeper.