Skip to content

Issues with Sound/Music

JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52
I have BGEE, SoD and BG2EE on both my PC and my MAC.

The problems I have is with BGEE/SoD on my PC are, when I start a new game the Prologue Narration voice (Nestled atop the cliffs...) is replaced by random crowd sounds for the first half. Also, the Default soundset for a male character plays a female voice on the very first selection, then cycles through the male voice as normal. BG2EE on my PC runs perfectly as far as I can tell.

BG2EE on my MAC however has no BGM playing at all. All other SFX and Voices work fine. But, no music on either the title menus, or in-game. BGEE/SoD on my MAC runs perfectly.

So what I have is BGEE running fine on my MAC, and BG2EE running fine on my PC, but sound issues with the other versions.

Has anyone else experienced ANYTHING like this before, or have any idea what's causing it?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Music seems to stop in BGII for me when I change soundsets for my characters. Also selection sounds for custom ones don't play at all.
  • JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52

Music seems to stop in BGII for me when I change soundsets for my characters. Also selection sounds for custom ones don't play at all.

If you change the name of the files to CUSTOM (i.e. CUSTOM1a, CUSTOM1b, etc), create a folder called 'sounds' in the BGII documents folder (with the save folder and baldur.ini), that should fix the selection sounds.

I don't have the problem with music stopping, as it never started to begin with.
  • NildarNildar Member Posts: 33
    @JaySee84 Do you use any mods that alter sounds? I can imagine that mods that change sounds may bug out with the 2.0 patch installed over them.
    If that isn't the case I don't have the technical knowledge to help you any further though :/.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Huh. Thought they'd fixed the naming nonsense back in 1.3. Guess I remember wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.
    I managed to fix the issues with BGEE/SoD on PC with a second reinstall.

However, not matter how many times I reinstall BG2EE on the MAC, the no-music issue persists.

@Nildar I use no sound altering mods at all. Just a custom soundset in the Documents folder. I tried deleting it, but made no difference.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    JaySee84 said:

@Nildar I use no sound altering mods at all. Just a custom soundset in the Documents folder. I tried deleting it, but made no difference.

Probably a corrupted dialog.tlk. Have you tried without the custom soundset installed?
    @Tresset Yep, and it makes no difference at all, unfortunately.

Still no background music at all. :(