Skip to content

Imoen's thief level in lore *possible spoilers*

I like to follow the lore for continuity and that has previously meant dualclassing Imoen at lvl 7. Thus she has her thief skills back before SoD begins and has no reason not to come along. (Her studying magic is what I've read is the cause, but I'm stuck waiting for the ios version, so I can't verify it).

Is there perhaps a mod that raise her thief level to 10 (and the mage level to 11) in BGEE2? Do SoD maybe offer a reason why Imoen as a lvl 10 thief would drop 3 levels?

Comments

• SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    Before SoD. I always put the loss of xp down to an uncertain amount of time spent in Irenicus' dungeon, Being experiemented and tortured on.
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    I could buy that part, but first losing 3 levels and then gaining 8 mage levels as a tortured prisoner?
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    edited April 2016
    From an rp stand point id say she lost the thief skills to an extent training mainly for magic stuff. I mean if you could just use a quick spell to unlock anything Id do that instead of actually taking the time to picking the lock, and probably fail if Im low skillz.

That kinda justifies it for me, and the whole being tortured thing, maybe irenicus took a part of her brains :open_mouth: who knows lol shes pretty messed up at the start of bg2

....unless she gained the levels in the dungeon without training? Then maybe her god-like abilities manifested and allowed her to absorb some of the magic irenicus tortured her with and being there so long accounts for losing some thief skills.

Play it however really. Its just a thing so she can get lvls in SoD and it not be boring for people using her.
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    Well... Perhaps during her time spent in captivity, that while she may have tried to escape using more conventional methods with the lockpick, however after realising that her attemmpts would prove futile, she resorted to magic.
    With each passing day she would attempt at some form of Breaching magic and teleportation magic. Each time she would be close to penetrating Irenicus'. Defences, he would stop her and strengthen them again.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I always dual her at level 7 and she gets her skills back usually at the end of Durlag's.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    This was one of the great features of the Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod. Whatever you did with your PCs in BG1 carried over to BG2. Sooo nice for roleplaying purposes.
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    edited April 2016
    She developed Stockholm syndrome and decided she wanted to learn magic. She was ofcourse tortured before and the brain damage made her lose thief levels. Then Irenicus decided she wasn't a threat and more like one of those little puppies you gotta train. This led to him training her. Shes more evil than Yoshimo ffs.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    That isn't the real Imoen in BG2. That's a greater doppelganger who escaped from one of Irenicus's jars. That's why she looks so different and why she can do magic.. The real Imoen would never have become a mage.