Skip to content

Minsc Wisdom

SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
I made a topic about changing Minsc into Fighter Berserker many yers ago. I think before BG:EE realese. I was then convinced that he should stay Ranger. But now I have got other feature request, and I want to ask what do you think about that. Ranger as class mus have 14 wisdom. And my request is to give him those 14 points so he can cast some spells. Other way he is like fallen ranger. And I also think that his Range ability supossed to be like berserkers ability. You changed Quayle dexterity so I think you can changed that too. And orgin Minsc from the papper had 14 wisdom. Those changes will make a character bit better but not too powerfull.

Comments

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    If I'm not mistaken, Minsc is based on a character that one of the original developers had roleplayed and during one campaign Minsc got wounded, took a blow to the head (something like that) and got a permanent Wisdom loss.
    Daevelonmashedtaters
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Anyway he is able to cast spells, since level 9 (or something like this)
    mashedtaters
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Daevelon said:

Anyway he is able to cast spells, since level 9 (or something like this)

I last play him in vanilla and he was unable.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    In bg2ee i remember that i memorized spells in my last walkthrough
    mashedtaters
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I play him all the time and he can cast spells. He just doesn't get any bonus spells.
    illathid
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Rangers and Paladins don't receive bonus spells from exceptional Wisdom scores.
    DaevelonInsultionmashedtatersJuliusBorisov