Skip to content

Legacy of Bhaal difficulty: am I playing it? Slider still available

So, how do I know I am playing it currently? Any certain signs, guys? :)

Comments

• the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    The slider should not be available if LOB mode is enabled. It turns off automatically after you load up a save game. It's a bummer to be sure. Hopefully they have a hotfix soon.
  • lazutulazutu Member Posts: 118
    edited April 2016
    Yup, just restarted the game with a new character, and now the slider indeed IS gone. Welp, it's good that I've just started, time to reroll the stats again! Thanks for the info, man!

• Ark_ToleiArk_Tolei Member Posts: 69
    There are a couple bugs. Long story short, if you see the slider you're no longer in LoB mode, there doesn't appear to be a way to revert to LoB, but it's relatively easy to prevent if you know how. Anytime you load up a LoB save after either exiting the game, or loading a non-LoB save, you need to load the save twice to set the variables correctly for the next save (otherwise you'll save on insane)

Additionally, if you reload in an area with creatures in it, those creatures will take their stats from the wrong files and not have their LoB stats despite you still being in LoB mode (future encounters will still be fine). How big a deal this second bug is will vary depending on your tolerance for periodically dealing with weaker enemies.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49808/legacy-of-bhaal-mode-workaround
    :( This will make me paranoid, I want to play on max difficulty... thanks for the link!
    Update: I've read the topic. Going to wait for a hotfix now, this is extremely sad :(
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    edited April 2016
    lazutu said:

Update: I've read the topic. Going to wait for a hotfix now, this is extremely sad :(

Oh so true ... how could a bug like this get past the testing prior to final release? ... A least the mode could have been disabled for the final release ... only to be added back with the first patch.
    Post edited by Merina on
    Merina said:

lazutu said:

Oh so true ... how could a bug like this get passed the testing prior to final release? ... A least the mode could have been disabled for the final release ... only to be added back with the first patch.
    Yup, actually tried the first assassin. Those hit points! Took me 5+ hits with 18-22 damage to get rid of him. Now my anxiety doubled, because I just have to play this on vanilla LoB setting, it seems that it will be difficult enough without any SCS-type mods! I just wish we get a hotfix within a week...