Skip to content

Equipment transition from prologue to chapter 7

When I started chapter 7, only things that my companions had that actually transitioned to the chest next to charname's starting location were things from their backpack (basically the stuff that was not equipped by my companions).
I had Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, Dynaheir and Safana (originally Imoen, but all of her equipment actually made it to the chest next to her bed).
I thought that they perhaps have that equipment on them when I recruit them later, but that was not the case with Minsc and Dynaheir, as they had new (and lesser) things.

Does it suppose to work like this?

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I was disappointed by this as well, so I went back to my save just before the cut scene, consoled in a bag of holding (bag31), and managed to save everyone's equipment for chapter 7. I couldn't bear the loss of so many useful items. I also discovered that I had missed out on the torch quest on my initial play through, so it all worked out for the best. ^.^
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Minsc and Dynaheir should have been wearing the same gear they had in the safehouse. If not then that is a bug.
    cmk24
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    It would be really helpful if they just officially placed a bag of holding in that dungeon. It would save a lot of hassle, and since there seems to be one available shortly afterwards anyway, it wouldn't really affect balance at all.

For now, I'll be consoling in my own bag of holding at the end of the prologue also. I lost rather a lot of useful items on my first playthrough, and didn't realise it until later because I just saw a huge mass of equipment in that chest that looked alright at a glance.
    IthualMortianna
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    Yeah I noticed it later once I got Minsc, Dynaheir and Safana and went back to the chest. That is super annoying.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Does anybody know if Rasaad, Neera and Dorn get the equipment they had at the prologue or they lose it when you later recruit them? Do they keep their stats, xp and proficicies or it is like in bgee 2, where they are like new characters?
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Odd, Minsc and Dynaheir had exactly the same equipment they had at the end of the prologue in my game. When you started the game did you "import from last save" or transition naturally from the end of the original game? I transitioned naturally and have had no issues with items (even kept all my containers).
    illathid
  • chilvencechilvence Member Posts: 50
    Oh my god, I didn't know you could simply load the final save and transition into the addon game. I feel like such a tool....
    I imported from final save, but that should have no consequences, because their starting equimpent in the prologue was fine, it seems weird to me that this would only hampered things AFTER the prologue.
  • KorevacKorevac Member Posts: 40
    You have to put everyone's stuff in the item slots and don't equipped them, then it'll all be in the chest when you wake up in the palace
    Ithual
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    I left a lot of good items on Edwin after doing prologue, I hope I get to meet him again and he is using same stuff........
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    Personally I have a bigger problems with containers being removed when using Import from save function to continue playing SoD with party in BG1EE. Then I first dungeon you get swarmed with new items that you got nowhere to put (especially if you got a 6 member party). And then if you also supposed to strip all 6 character of what they are wearing to get that in the chest.... not a good design!
    I hope this whole mess is fixed in a future patch!
    Ithual
    Korevac said:

You have to put everyone's stuff in the item slots and don't equipped them, then it'll all be in the chest when you wake up in the palace

Yeah, but Minsc and Dynaheir didn't have their stuff from the prologue, which was already established as a bug.
  • chilvencechilvence Member Posts: 50
    Hmm.

Really one of my biggest mod wishes is for a mod that stops the game jerking around with your characters and equipment. It would be nice to play a game where Khalid and Dynaheir survive to the end of story... and it would be just as nice to play a game where you have nothing to do with the canon party.

It would be great able to find all your precious shinies that you painstakingly looted from Durlag's tower somewhere in Irenicus' prison - just so there is some long term point to the whole adventure.

Or even just be able to play the entire saga with Xan in your party, just to prove your quest isn't quite so vain as he thinks :)

I'm officially holding my breath for Baldur's Gate Trilogy Quadrilogy: Enhanced edition, starting from ..... now.
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2016
    I imported my final save from BG1EE into SoD and everyone had all their gear, but after the prologue they lost everything that was equipped when I recruited them later. The gear in their packs was placed in the chest. Lost a ton of good items, but since I assume everything still gets taken when you start BG2EE, not a huge loss.

If anything it just adds a bit more to the challenge, so I'm alright with it even if it's a bug.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Inconnu said:

I imported my final save from BG1EE into SoD and everyone had all their gear, but after the prologue they lost everything that was equipped when I recruited them later. The gear in their packs was placed in the chest. Lost a ton of good items, but since I assume everything still gets taken when you start BG2EE, not a huge loss.

If anything it just adds a bit more to the challenge, so I'm alright with it even if it's a bug.

Try just loading that final save instead of importing it, that may be the cause.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    Equipment transfer seem to work rather erratically. Jaheira had all items from the prologue when I met her, but Khalid had crappy default stuff.

Both had their proficiencies reset, which really sucks with Jaheira and her defaulta.
  • clos4lifeclos4life Member Posts: 26
    rorikon said:

It would be really helpful if they just officially placed a bag of holding in that dungeon. It would save a lot of hassle, and since there seems to be one available shortly afterwards anyway, it wouldn't really affect balance at all.

For now, I'll be consoling in my own bag of holding at the end of the prologue also. I lost rather a lot of useful items on my first playthrough, and didn't realise it until later because I just saw a huge mass of equipment in that chest that looked alright at a glance.

Where exactly is the bag of holding you mention?
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    There's one for sale in Sorcerous Sundries
  • Granas3Granas3 Member Posts: 41
    Also, I believe your chest of equipment follows you to the various camps (there was a point on the map with an emptied chest labelled "CHARNAME's Equipment" on mine). Also, remember to check Imoen's chest for all her equipment before you leave BG. Everyone keeps what they were wearing though, except her.
    rorikon said:

I wonder if I have a bug. I've looked and I can't find one for sale.

clos4life said:

rorikon said:

Me neither, but quartermaster has one, just before you head out from BG.
    Ithual
    Mirak said:

clos4life said:

rorikon said:

Me neither, but quartermaster has one, just before you head out from BG.
    You are right! Thank you!
  • Jean_FableJean_Fable Member Posts: 5
    I also had this bug. Had to reload, put everything in the inventories (making some choices), before getting out of the cave.
    Solved the issue but i lost quite some time doing do !
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I haven't quite figured out why premade characters that I import into character creation from a character file show up naked but if I create one from scratch they come already equipped?
    Ithual
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Hi All. Was this bug ever addressed or fixed?