Skip to content

Multiplayer issues after patch

AwriteAwrite Member Posts: 2
Hello everyone,

a friend of mine just bought BG:EE and we decided to play a campaign together.

In the past I already had some multiplayer games and they were fairly stable.

As of the latest patch, however, I'm having issues joining any multiplayer game.

The game either:
-fails to connect me to the session;
-crashes to desktop;
-on the rare occasion when it connects me it crashes after a minute or so.

Am I the only one experiencing this problems? Is there a solution? In the past everything worked without me having to port forward or alter any settings.

Thank you.

Comments

• AeneasAeneas Member Posts: 2
    yeah having the same problem, we were playing all the time before the patch now it does not work for any of us.
  • TheSHEEEPTheSHEEEP Member Posts: 5
    "Cannot connect to the game session"
    Yup.

Worked perfectly before the "update".
    Way to go, Beamdog...
  • OximusOximus Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2016
    Same here, started playing the game with a friend in the begining of the month. After the patch, we both cannot connect to any game. Ours or other people's.

Edit ----
    So, we updated a program called Open AL and it worked for us. I believe you can find it on beandog site.

http://www.beamdog.com/files/prerequisites/oalinst.exe (this one)
    Post edited by Oximus on
    edited April 2016
    OpenAL is a sound library, I don't see how that can resolve connection issues. Are you sure that is the only thing you changed?
    Post edited by TheSHEEEP on
  • OximusOximus Member Posts: 14
    TheSHEEEP said:

OpenAL is a sound library, I don't see how that can resolve connection issues. Are you sure that is the only thing you changed?

It was. We are stil experiencing some troubles in connection tougth. We play for about 1 or 2 hours and then something happens (my game, as host, crashes, or my friend get disconected, or we simply have to close the game for a couple of minutes) then we can't connect to each other anymore.
  • juhakjuhak Member Posts: 1
    yeah, the multiplayer is quite broken. earlier we were able to play with 4 players for few hours without any problems. now in 4 hour session there were something like ~20-30 crashes :(
  • RednothRednoth Member Posts: 3
    I feel your pain folks. My wife and kids ask me every day after dinner and say "can we play Baldur's Gate tonight" I can't bear to look at their faces and the pain they are experiencing....:o
    edited April 2016
    For us, the inability to play was fixed by everyone getting and installing SoD.
    Before that, only I had SoD. But not installed of course, I deselected it in Steam, so our version should have been equal. But - it seems they were not, somehow.
  • AwriteAwrite Member Posts: 2
    So yeah, we had managed to find a workaround using hamachi, we had a couple of sessions but now patch 2.1 causes the game to crash every time we try to save.

:/
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.