Skip to content

Just once...

jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
Sweet jebus just bloody once I wish I could get a fatasy crpg without the whole SJW vs antiSJW bullshit. Each and every time the same shit.

Gosh! There are gay people in Dragon Age!
Gosh! There are no black people in the Witcher!

Ffs what is wrong with everyone?

Comments

• DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    edited April 2016
    My experience is currently being soured by this. I literally just want to talk about the game, as it is, as a whole package - but this is likely to be improbable until everything blows over. I am still enjoying the game heavily - but the quick to scrutinize dishearten me.
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the game DetectiveMittens. What kind of character did you make? I played through as a Wild Mage which is my personal favourite class.
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the game DetectiveMittens. What kind of character did you make? I played through as a Wild Mage which is my personal favourite class.

My conjurer decided he no longer needed his equipment when I went from BG1 to SoD.

Anti-robes agenda strikes again

My conjurer decided he no longer needed his equipment when I went from BG1 to SoD.

Sorry to hear that pal. I hope you found some replacement gear in short order.

Half-Orc Fighter/Cleric, it's my bread and butter - many of the items I have found have already me itching to restart. But I found a certain hammer that is particularly ground-breaking.

Half-Orc Fighter/Cleric, it's my bread and butter - many of the items I have found have already me itching to restart. But I found a certain hammer that is particularly ground-breaking.
    I know what hammer you mean and I mean this when I say that I wholeheartedly embrace you as a true brother for that turn of phrase.
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206

Sorry to hear that pal. I hope you found some replacement gear in short order.
    I'm not too far in at the moment. Don't suppose you (anyone really) knows if there's a "Robe of the xxxx Archmagi" in SoD?
  • sffrrromsffrrrom Member Posts: 60

I approve of this effort. I'm playing through as a Sorcerer, which I think fits the Bhaalspawn particularly well. I think of it as utilizing his godly heritage. Once I'm done with Dragonspear, I'll go through BGII-ToB again, and then restart at Dragonspear with an evil character (probably an evil cleric).
    I like the idea of playing a Sorceror but I could never give up the wonderful feeling of scooping up all the spell scrolls I can find. Am I ever going to use this spell? Who cares, into the spellbook it goes!
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816

You should try wild sorcerer via EEKeeper. It's a blast.
    I appreciate the suggestion friend but I don't know if my Gamer Bushido could allow me to do such a thing.
    Purudaya said:

You should try wild sorcerer via EEKeeper. It's a blast.
    That sounds amazing :O
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    edited April 2016
    Luckily I couldn't care less about that stuff.

Bring me a good story, some interesting characters, good gameplay, few bugs and nice roleplaying possibilities.

I couldn't care less if the game got a few gay characters/black characters/one transgender OR if it is lacking on those aspects.

If I was so negative about everything I would do nothing but frown.

Though this shows how political and ideological views are much more visible than they were 16 years ago.
  • sffrrromsffrrrom Member Posts: 60

I like the idea of playing a Sorceror but I could never give up the wonderful feeling of scooping up all the spell scrolls I can find. Am I ever going to use this spell? Who cares, into the spellbook it goes!

The lack of experience from scribing spells come BGII will hurt the most I think, but is more or less totally offset by the level I will be from completing Dragonspear, so that's fine. I do miss the flexibility, but I also don't powergame my sorcerer - there are a few spells that are pretty much a necessity like Breach, but there's enough room so that I can take Fireball instead of Skull Trap sort of thing.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Yeah, I can see how it would be annoying if you're invested. Recently, I watched a debate for the American Republican primaries and didn't get upset. I must be getting old.

The problem comes when you feel compelled to change "the opposition's" minds. Its a burden of youth. Now I'm learning that only some people are worth trying to influence, and only on certain things.

If I'm even qualified to give it, my advice to anybody reading this is the following. This debate is pretty innocuous, so say your piece if you have to, but after that just silently forgive the other for being wrong.
    Thank you for the advice chum. I'm also curious to hear the thoughts of my fellow forum posters on Cleric/Rangers. Should they be played as-is or do you think you should re-enable the bonus spells?
  • JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    The Witcher 3 was unique in that it did NOT engage in politics at all. Beamdog...took a different route.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Yo guys, just a heads up, you can use EEKeeper to change your appearance to that of a ferret. Just sayin'.

:cookie:s for everyone! *casts :cookie: Storm*
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Joey said:

The Witcher 3 was unique in that it did NOT engage in politics at all. Beamdog...took a different route.

TW3 prominently featured a cross-dressing elf and a gay man who was forced to flee due to intolerance. Acknowledging that such people exist - however clumsily - appears to be the extent of the "politics" that SoD engages in, so you may want to pick a better game to compare it to.
    I think you fundamentally misunderstood almost the entirety of the Witcher 3 my good friend if that is your belief. No problem though, its always good to have an excuse to replay a great game!

Thank you for the advice chum. I'm also curious to hear the thoughts of my fellow forum posters on Cleric/Rangers. Should they be played as-is or do you think you should re-enable the bonus spells?

Re-Enable the bonus spells - too good to pass up. A feature of the old days.
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2016
    Joey said:

You trollin'? Witcher 3 was chock full of politics. You can decide the fate of nations.

If you mean modern politics, there was a cross-dressing character that wasn't vilified because of it, Ciri can state that she is a lesbian, there are several gay NPC's, and you can elect the first queen of Skellige despite strong misogyny.
    Even something as simplistic as "war is bad" is a political view. You can't escape politics. What you can escape is a nasty web spell with a handy Ring of Free Action. This humble fellow wholeheartedly recommends every sensible adventurer to keep one handy.
  • minsc4prezminsc4prez Member Posts: 105
    edited April 2016

I'm currently enjoying the game my friend and having a good time, I hope you are also liking it.

I was enjoying my bg expierence untill i came across the trans-gender cleric, now every time i arrive at my camp i am overwhelmed by a feeling of imminent doom and cannot force myself to enter the camp.
    Ive been sitting in the woods for a few hours now sobbing wishing my pessimistic elf friend was here to console me, but alas all i have for company is a brain damaged ranger who keeps going on about "ethics in heroism"
    From the sound of the feeling of doom you are experiencing is seems like Xan's spirit is living inside you my friend, perhaps he is with you after all.