Skip to content

List of known continuing Companions into SOD

123457»

Comments

• zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    edited April 2016
    EDIT: Sorry, double posted
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    He isn't exactly hidden. You start with him in the default evil party, so I doubt they were talking about him.
  • roachtbproachtbp Member Posts: 42
    illathid said:

roachtbp said:

No, it's my understanding that Safana is only automatically in your party if you DON'T import your party and instead select one of the default parties. If you don't import, you can select from a good aligned default party, neutral aligned default party, or an evil aligned default party. If you select the Good Aligned default party, Safana appears with the cannon party (Minsc, Dynahier, Khalid, Jahiera) in the place of imoen. Safana also appears in the neutral aligned default party and the evil aligned default party (Safana appears in every default party).

But if you IMPORT your party from BG1, you get to keep whomever you had in your party in BG1, with the exception of Imoen. So all characters from BG1 can be imported, exempt Imoen. There is a special exception for her. Imoen instantly leaves your party and is unplayable if you import her. As a result, your party of 6 from BG1 will suddenly become a party of 5 because you immediately lose Imoen.

But I think I read somewhere that if you do import a party that contains Imoen, you can find Safana standing around somewhere in the starting dungeon (as a replacement for Imoen). I was wondering where Safana could be found. Is she found immediately, somewhere on the first map of the starting dungeon, or later on in the starting dungeon???

Or maybe this isn't true, and if you import a party with Imoen you are stuck with a party of 5 throughout the stating dungeon.

I plan to import a 6 person party that includes Imoen, and I'm trying to find out whether I will get a replacement character for Imoen in the starting dungeon or whether I will be stuck with a 5 person party (now without a thief after losing Imoen) for the starting dungeon.

Maybe I didn't explain that well. Here's what I did: Opened my save in BGEE (not SoD) just before the fight with Sarevok in the undercity. Imoen was in my party. After successfully beating Sarevok the BG ending cut scene played, followed by the opening SoD cut scene. When that ended, the party I had in the Sarevok was there with me, except Imoen was replaced by Safana. Imoen herself was there but was not a party member. I didn't have to do anything or progress at all to get Safana in my party. When the black screen went away and the game started she was in my party.
    Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining in more detail. So it seems Safana just replaces Imeon if you import a game from BG1 with Imoen in you parth. Thank you!
  • GarrtokGarrtok Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2016
    I still cant find dorn in chapter 9

edit: oh... there
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    roachtbp said:

illathid said:

roachtbp said:

No, it's my understanding that Safana is only automatically in your party if you DON'T import your party and instead select one of the default parties. If you don't import, you can select from a good aligned default party, neutral aligned default party, or an evil aligned default party. If you select the Good Aligned default party, Safana appears with the cannon party (Minsc, Dynahier, Khalid, Jahiera) in the place of imoen. Safana also appears in the neutral aligned default party and the evil aligned default party (Safana appears in every default party).

But if you IMPORT your party from BG1, you get to keep whomever you had in your party in BG1, with the exception of Imoen. So all characters from BG1 can be imported, exempt Imoen. There is a special exception for her. Imoen instantly leaves your party and is unplayable if you import her. As a result, your party of 6 from BG1 will suddenly become a party of 5 because you immediately lose Imoen.

But I think I read somewhere that if you do import a party that contains Imoen, you can find Safana standing around somewhere in the starting dungeon (as a replacement for Imoen). I was wondering where Safana could be found. Is she found immediately, somewhere on the first map of the starting dungeon, or later on in the starting dungeon???

Or maybe this isn't true, and if you import a party with Imoen you are stuck with a party of 5 throughout the stating dungeon.

I plan to import a 6 person party that includes Imoen, and I'm trying to find out whether I will get a replacement character for Imoen in the starting dungeon or whether I will be stuck with a 5 person party (now without a thief after losing Imoen) for the starting dungeon.

Maybe I didn't explain that well. Here's what I did: Opened my save in BGEE (not SoD) just before the fight with Sarevok in the undercity. Imoen was in my party. After successfully beating Sarevok the BG ending cut scene played, followed by the opening SoD cut scene. When that ended, the party I had in the Sarevok was there with me, except Imoen was replaced by Safana. Imoen herself was there but was not a party member. I didn't have to do anything or progress at all to get Safana in my party. When the black screen went away and the game started she was in my party.
    Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining in more detail. So it seems Safana just replaces Imeon if you import a game from BG1 with Imoen in you parth. Thank you!
    If you or another party member (other than imoen) is a thief then Safana will not join.
  • roachtbproachtbp Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2016
    Balquo said:

roachtbp said:

illathid said:

roachtbp said:

If you or another party member (other than imoen) is a thief then Safana will not join.
    Oh, ok. Good to know. I wasn't sure how it worked. Thanks.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    edited April 2016
    It's too bad all of the NPCs I liked got cut. Oh well, that's what mods and @billbisco 's petitions are for. Just not a lot of options for evil parties, especially if you want to play an evil mage or something, sort of like BG2.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Ammar said:

Yes, but it's not quite complete. I am still missing some.

Let us know when you have the rest, thanks!