Skip to content

Portaits between BGEE and BG2EE

DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
This might be completely the wrong place to ask, and it's probably too late, and we can probably do this somehow anyway...but can Jason Manley's bonus BGEE portraits be made available in BG2EE as a default?

Similarly for the bonus six BG2EE portaits (by that other dude) for BGEE? Including that decent one of the female kensai/monk with the quarterstaff?

Thanks!

Comments

• DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2016
    PS similarly for that male 1/2 orc portrait from BG2/BG2EE - it isn't related directly to any BG2 NPC, so it wouldn't be much of a spoiler if it turned up in BGEE, and we need more obviously 1/2 orc portraits in BGEE :) Thanks!
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for bringing across the Jason Manley portraits between the two games. The other six from earlier versions of BG2EE (can't remember the artist's name) are now not available in either BGEE or BG2EE 2.0 though (they've completely disappeared from the selection in BG2EE :( ), and the male 1/2 orc portrait from BG2EE is unfortunately not available in BGEE 2.0. Any chance of these changes being made in a later patch - that'd be great? Thanks
    Post edited by Dharius on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Report all the missing portraits on the redmine, it'll be fixed then.
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Note that the portraits for Hexxat and the four bonus BG2EE portraits were removed with the 2.0 patch for BG2EE. I asked about this in another topic buy nobody replied.
    Oooh good point @Pekingduckman - I will post something on Redmine when I can
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited April 2016
    I think it would be nice if all of the portraits from all of the games were available in all of the games. If you could click the customize button on Imoen's character screen and have your choice of pictures from each game it would be great. Sometimes I would rather just have 1 consistent looking character portrait for the whole trilogy and it would make things easier to be able to switch them out in game instead of using EE keeper. That way I could use Imoen's new SOD portait for her the entire trilogy without external modification.
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    I change the NPC portraits to do exactly that. Actually I use a different Imoen picture across all three. I do it by adding an ImoenL + ImoenS in the BG:EE override folder. BPImoenL + BPImoenS in the BG:SOD override and NImoenL + NImoenS in BG2:EE.
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited April 2016
    Wouldn't it be nice though if Beamdog just included a portrait dump that works for all the games and allows on the fly use through the UI? They are looking for ways to improve the experience after all and this seems doable. This would allow all of the paid for, official art from the trilogy to be used on all games and would allow us to forgo name changing and picture swap. For custom portraits you would still have to name them but it would be an improvement and especially nice to have access through the UI.