Skip to content

Party ideas (spolier)

Hi,

I try to create a party with Sarevok enemies. Xan, Branwen and Yeslick directly hurt by Sarevok` henchmen, and Kivan has his own reveange.
Are there any other npc who has personal problem with Sarevok ?

Comments

• DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Thanks for the answer :) i want to try it out because its seems really interesting, a neutral non-morality pc, who only seek vengeance, and fueled by personal hatred, and collect the men who feel the same.

What about a pc class ? Blade, monk what im thinking, but if you have better idea pls tell me.
  • Dradeel_rulesDradeel_rules Member Posts: 25
    Monk is very hard to play in BGEE, you can try Barbarian if you want pure melee tankness. (but will come in to it's own in BG2, if you plan to continue the adventure)

Do you want to play a class you are accustomed to or do you want to try something new and exciting?
    I finished the saga twice, once with barbarian, and once with shapeshifter. And i tried a lot with wizard slayer, blackguard, transmuter, swashbuckler, undead hunter, stalker, but never finish them.

Ill want to try smthing new, and i dont like multiclass pc, so ill thinking about monk (i altered little bit his hands to give faster enchantnent progression, and give him unarmed weapon prof like wilson has), or blade bardm which seems interestin from roleplaying .
    Any other ideas ?
  • Dradeel_rulesDradeel_rules Member Posts: 25
    Honestly, I never played bards, as I don't know how to roleplay them :( (but I will try blade once, that looks promising)

Perhaps a thief class would be different?
    Shadowdancer is very powefull and capable class.

Monks are awsome , I have one max leveled(ToB) and it just eats pretty much everything.
    (that may be my next solo run...)

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    With the part suggested by yourself and booinyoureyes, I think you have more or less all corners covered. You could maybe use a support mage and a bard fits that role perfectly.

If you prefer to play a thief, you can dual-class Imoen to Mage at some point. You don't need two thieves in the party.
    edited April 2016
    Thats the point.
    In this party there are 2 capable front liners,
    Kivan and Yeslick. Branwen can join to the front too. 2 mages(imoen in dual lvl 5,6) in the back. Okay think the blade will be the class what i choose now, backup mage, ranged or supplementary melee.

What i dont know, from this point, is my party setup at both SOD and BG2EE. Any ideas ? :D
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I can't offer advice on SOD.

For BG2EE, I'd keep Imoen/Yoshimo, Jaheira and Minsc as the ones who have good reason to go after Irenicus. Throw in Aerie or Anomen as romantic interest, depending on gender - both can also act as party cleric.

The last party slot can be kept open, or you can rotate between different party members (for example, keep Valygar until you've completed the Planar Sphere quest, let Keldorn help you investigate the Unseeing Eye, etc.). Then get Sarevok in ToB.
    Thank for advice. Ill see toward bg2 party members, who has no other chance, and hatred enough to join against irenicus :D
  • aswordwithoutahiltaswordwithoutahilt Member Posts: 7

Yes! This is what I call my Alternate Canon party.

Kivan: Tazok is his arch-nemesis
    Branwen: Tranzig (sounds like a metal band) is her arch-nemesis
    Xan: Mulahey is his arch-nemesis
    Yeslick: Reiltar is his arch-nemesis

The final member?
    Imoen: Sarevok himself is her arch-nemesis... kills both Gorion and Puffguts!

Make yourself a warrior type and it is not only an interesting party from a role-playing perspective, but quite balanced and powerful.

You could also make a case for Shar-Teel to be in that party since Angelo is her arch-nemesis.
    Angelo is her father asi know, she hate him ? I never used shar-teel before.
    I start to play but i wonder, the monk is end up stronger than the blade in party ?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Danacm said:

What about a pc class ? Blade, monk what im thinking, but if you have better idea pls tell me.

Well, Avenger is a good name for your roleplaying theme. However, I played this with a Stalker. I thought it fit well with the team, an urban avenger who hides in the darkness and then strikes when least expecting it. It is kind of like a Sarevok hit-team.

Like Seal Team 6 or the Forgotten Realms' Expendables.
    I like the idea of avengers :D i tried stalker before, it was nice as i remember, bit bored at late soa. But agree with you, and this party needs a fighter, not a bard.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    If you plan to dual Imoen you need a thief PC