Skip to content

which of the new characters will you like to see in BG2EE?

Comments

• illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    nlyh said:

Voghiln the Vast. Reason being is that he would fit into the Amn setting with ease.

Corwin has strong ties to Baldur's Gate and her child, so she would require a strong reason to actually travel down to Amn. (Unless something happens during SoD, I've not finished it yet) If there is a decent reason, then yeah why not.

As for M’Khiin Grubdoubler, though I did like that character, they will face huge issues in a city like Athkatla. They wouldn't live very long, unless sulking in sewers or whatever. It was okay in Siege of Dragonspear as they were not present in cities or densely populated areas. They were also part of a campaign that was willing to let prejudices slide in order to beat the crusade.

As for Glint, I have not had much interaction with the character as I am not a big fan of gnomes.

I don't know. Would a goblin really be any worse than a drow?
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Thx Mike for the link, very thoughtful. :-) Need to sort out my mod-trauma at some point in time!

Would have been superb to get Kivan officially in Dragonspear though for the voiced dialogues, even if with Minsc around, one really cannot complain lack of fan-service, IMO.
  • nlyhnlyh Member Posts: 18
    illathid said:

nlyh said:

Voghiln the Vast. Reason being is that he would fit into the Amn setting with ease.

Corwin has strong ties to Baldur's Gate and her child, so she would require a strong reason to actually travel down to Amn. (Unless something happens during SoD, I've not finished it yet) If there is a decent reason, then yeah why not.

As for M’Khiin Grubdoubler, though I did like that character, they will face huge issues in a city like Athkatla. They wouldn't live very long, unless sulking in sewers or whatever. It was okay in Siege of Dragonspear as they were not present in cities or densely populated areas. They were also part of a campaign that was willing to let prejudices slide in order to beat the crusade.

As for Glint, I have not had much interaction with the character as I am not a big fan of gnomes.

I don't know. Would a goblin really be any worse than a drow?
    A drow would be easier to mix in as they are taller than a goblin, and would have the same gait as other humanoids. So with a hood, and good clothing, it would be easier. Especially at night.

Though yes, it would still be problematic for a drow. Just far worse for a little goblin with completely different gait.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Sadly Voghiln the Vast and Baeloth Barrityl probably won't be optional because of Black Pits 2. I would love to have them in anyway... since we don't know if there will ever be a BP3. Love to see banter between Glint and Jan or Kheldorn and Corwin.
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    If they made Baldur's Gate 3, I would love to have a plot between the Bhaalspawn, the Cult of Dragon and The Red Wizard of Thay
  • LordoflinksLordoflinks Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2016
    The Shining Lady! Caelar Argent!
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Captain Schael Corwin and M’Khiin Grubdoubler are my faves but I'd like to see all of 'em transfer over to 2! The more playthrough party composition options the better!
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 429
    i've only played once with corwin and glint in my party. i voted for corwin as she's a good ranged party member. her personality could use some improvement though.

glint, on the other hand, had a great personality. i don't like dual classed char's though. prefer having all the exp going into one class.
  • ZansoZanso Member Posts: 136
    edited April 2016
    Everyone except Corwin. For some reason it wouldn't make sense to me that a dedicated and proud member of the Flaming Fist would end up in Amn. The nation they (and Baldur's Gate) almost started a war with. But maybe that is just me :smiley: I can't think of any reason Corwin would actually go to Amn, but maybe Beamdog could. It just would have to be very solid one.
  • selkyraselkyra Member Posts: 54
    Zanso said:

Everyone except Corwin. For some reason it wouldn't make sense to me that a dedicated and proud member of the Flaming Fist would end up in Amn. The nation they (and Baldur's Gate) almost started a war with. But maybe that is just me :smiley: I can't think of any reason Corwin would actually go to Amn, but maybe Beamdog could. It just would have to be very solid one.

I'd think of several reasons for Corwin to go to Athkatla:
    1. Corwin is ashamed of the trial and leaves the Fist hoping to find the Hero and prove his/her innocence.
    2. She is forced to leave the Fist because of her close relationship with the Hero and seeks him/her out to find out the truth.
    3. She is hired/ordered by and interested party/the Fist to find the Hero and bring him/her back to justice.

But I'm not sure she would be out there just to kill the Hero, since she is NG.

There could be several reasons depending on your actions in SoD. I don't know what would happen to her kid and her caretaker, though.
  • ErmellothErmelloth Member Posts: 3
    Corwin + romance (straight) ^^
  • ZansoZanso Member Posts: 136
    edited April 2016
    selkyra said:

Zanso said:

I'd think of several reasons for Corwin to go to Athkatla:
    1. Corwin is ashamed of the trial and leaves the Fist hoping to find the Hero and prove his/her innocence.
    2. She is forced to leave the Fist because of her close relationship with the Hero and seeks him/her out to find out the truth.
    3. She is hired/ordered by and interested party/the Fist to find the Hero and bring him/her back to justice.

But I'm not sure she would be out there just to kill the Hero, since she is NG.

There could be several reasons depending on your actions in SoD. I don't know what would happen to her kid and her caretaker, though.
    @selkyra The last one could work. But doesn't the first two actually implicate that I had a close relationship with her? This contradicts everything we have in BG2EE now, since most of the NPCs barely remember you :smiley: On my first play through, I only used her to take me to places in Baldur's Gate city. I wouldn't call that very close :smiley: If Corwin would remember you, they should then change all the companions' reactions in BG2EE, not just Corwin's.

@Philhelm The Neb thing sure would be interesting. However, I don't know if Beamdog can actually do anything with it since they can't alter existing content :neutral: A new slaver quest could be fun! I actually want to become one on my evil play through! :D It is actually funny since slavery is not illegal in Athkatla according to canon sources :wink:
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Corwin, for romance, but without kid (i don't care if she stays with granpa or slaughtered by hamsters)
  • SirdentSirdent Member Posts: 45
    I voted for all of them, though I have not been able use all of them yet, as I typically do a good party an evil party and a neutral party (gave up in the original bg 2 of doing a lawful and a chaotic party since reputation and companion preferences and responses to actions are almost exclusively tied to a good/evil paradigm instead of order and chaos. Each character gives me a new option for at least two of the parties and more of an ability to make those parties without pidgeon-holing myself into certain classes due to party balance issues.
    Also, is it too late to add Mizhena to the poll?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I want them all, but that option feels like a copout, so I went with Glint. Glint is my homeboy. We are kindred spirits. I'd love to destroy Irenicus and Amelyssan, pillage Watcher's Keep and romp all across Amn with him by my side in a fantasy buddy-cop adventure.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Sirdent said:

Also, is it too late to add Mizhena to the poll?

Yes, once a poll is made it can't be change, and I didn't include Mizhena because she isn't a joinable NPC.
    Was more of a comment that I would like to see some of the non companion NPC characters listed as well. I think Miz would be interesting as a BG2 companion.
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    Corwin. I expected to like her the least and Glint the most but it was just the opposite. Fantastic character and, as an unapologetic power gamer, so very useful. Pew. Pew. Enemies fall.

"True."
    I'll just tag @AndrewFoley here ;)
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Since I most of the time power game to some degree I doubt I would ever find room for them in BG2.
    Freche said:

Since I most of the time power game to some degree I doubt I would ever find room for them in BG2.

when power gaming, there is no room for any NPCs, it's 6 player made chars only since anything else is deficient, I think this is for when you're not power gaming and aiming to add some flavour and banter and story content and get that sweet sweet companion quest XP
  • nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    Caelar.. She's my favorite NPC in sod, and I would like to see her in BG2EE
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    True, been there done that. It's quite boring without any dialogue. I do make a mix between power gaming and picking characters that I like. The problem with these 4 characters are that 3 of them are classes I never use so I won't give them enough time to know if I like their character or not.
    I have played with the shaman a bit now the summoning skill which is the shamans core feels like it's not even average.
    Picking up Glint could maybe work, but in the end I usually want Imoen and Viconia.
    The skald, nope, never. I would consider using one of the bard classes if it was possible to use their song while doing other things but no.
    Corwin could maybe get a place but ranged as damage dealer in BG2, I don't know. All my characters usually end up in melee if I want them to do damage, ranged is for squishy support.
    @Freche If that how you like your games then by all means enjoy, I think you are missing something on the way, but each his own. :)
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Glint and M'Khiin!
    #TeamShorties

Also, I also wouldn't complain about Baeloth >.>
  • DLiteDLite Member Posts: 53
    Jar Jar Binks.
    DLite said:

Jar Jar Binks.

Darth Plagueis the Wise aka Darth Snoke aka Darth Jar Jar Abrams #TeachTheControversy
  • NightRevanNightRevan Member Posts: 81
    Krotos said:

I want to continue my relationship with Safana

Might be difficult, considering her desire to kill you for $$ in Tethyr Forest. :P
    I guess they could add a post-scene to that small quest cameo where it is revealed that it was really a doppelganger bent on revenge (which I wouldn't mind more generally as that was my least favourite cameo which I pretty much avoid each time now). But otherwise it would be difficult considering what happens.