Skip to content

[SPOILER] Quest: Dwarves of Dumathoin

Comments

• Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    edited April 2016
    Before you fight him go back to the head dwarf and he'll give you an item to take his spell protections away. Good luck!
    Post edited by Diogenes42 on
    Vyrulisse
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    Thanks I'll try that. :)
  • boojiesdadboojiesdad Member Posts: 11
    Where exactly is the phylactery?? all that was on him was a key and the key opened a room with a things to open but nothing in side. What am I missing?
    edited April 2016
    The room behind the lich contains several, one of them is his.
  • tls5669tls5669 Member Posts: 12
    ive got it in my inventory how do i destroy it, and whats up with the amulets people are talking about?
  • boojiesdadboojiesdad Member Posts: 11

The room behind the lich contains several, one of them is his.

Thanks so much! that helped me know i was doing the right things. I got it!
  • tls5669tls5669 Member Posts: 12
    i found it, how do you destroy it?
    edited April 2016
    Throw it into the unstable portal.
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    Thank you for that advice, I went and tried it, finally got that guy down. I was trying to overpower him earlier and hoping for lucky criticals. :P
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    What is the item you are supposed to get? And do you get only the item? Please no heavy spoilers on answeing...
  • insanityv2insanityv2 Member Posts: 8
    It's a +2 Warhammer that does extra cold damage and also extra damage to good aligned clerics. Can't be weilded by good alignments.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Hey Folks, can I ask you all to please spoiler the important parts of the answers above?

@Diogenes42 most of what you've got there I'd like to see put behind spoiler tags if you could please. :)

I know the thread is tagged "spoliers" but we'd like to also make some protections within the thread for those who click in anyway.
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191
    Did anyone catch the NWN2 reference in this quest?
    Buttercheese
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Grimo88 said:

Did anyone catch the NWN2 reference in this quest?

I did not o.o
    What was it?
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    I give him 5 amulets, there was a dialog and I don't recive any item. He just said he will help me with Crusade. Is this end of a mission?
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    @Sikorsky This is a bug, I just encountered it and found a "fix".

It seems to happen due to the interjections when asking for the reward, I had Viconia and Edwin interject to ask the lich's help to fight Caelar. I reloaded and ctrl Y both Viconia and Edwin and this time I managed to get the reward.

It's the dread hammer, a +2 hammer +1 cold damage, +2d4 against good aligned clerics. It also hurts the wielder on a critical miss.
    @Sikorsky

The following dialog path also seems to work, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a stats check.

Damn triple post because i'm so impatient when I post to help.

@Illydth After doing the quest as per the screenshot over here. The quest giver keep saying the same dialog as before giving in the quest. Do you mind testing if it's install specific or easily reproducible?

I suspect that this bug along the previously mentioned one indicates some inconsistency in the variables set by this dialog. I have attached a zip of my save. I'm not super familiar with Redmine yet but i'll report it if it's not too obscure.

• forumguy5272forumguy5272 Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2016
    I'm having a different problem.

The gem is all out of uses, I've destroyed the phylactery, but now I need to kill the last Lich to unlock the door. However, as stated, my gem is all out of uses. So I'm just getting rolled over and over and over again.

Also the Scrying Pool... I only got to use it 2 times. I didn't get to see the Irenicus scene as a result of this. Thanks.
    edited April 2016
    I think you need to cheese it somehow. I actually didn't go back to the dwarves the first time I did it. You can poison the lich with arrows of biting if you have some.
    You can try to distract the lich for a bit with the golem summon.
    Check all your items for something useful, protection from undead scroll is what I used the second time. The lich has 3 or 4 dispel magic.

What I did was use the undead scroll on my main character as the lich appeared, go into range with the lich so it starts casting remove magic, I then moved out of the area of effect to dodge the spell, I did that until it ran out of dispel magic and I was able to stab it with my protected character. Only thing you need is the protection scroll and a good timing.

If you haven't got a protection scroll you can try traps maybe or big swords hits before the protections kick in.

Edit for your edit :
    The first potion is in the secret room just above the room with the pillars and the door unlocked by the throne.
    The second potion is in the room with the throne, in a container towards the left.
    Yeah I got both those. There should be a 3rd but there isn't.
    edited April 2016
    There is only 2, you can use it once after putting all the scepters, then each potion use recharge the pool for a total of 3.
    I got both potions and only got 2 cracks at it.

Also I unlocked the door connected to the throne. Empty. So pointless...
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Vyrulisse said:

Can anyone give me some tips on

how to take him down the first time? Nothing I do effects him and I don't have Breach. :(

I have me (Cavalier), Minsc, Dynaheir, Safana, Corwin and the Goblin.
    Hey, I have that same exact party. You can buy breach in the camp. :)
    Vyrulisse
    Then that's a bug.

We're talking about the same "secret room"? I did say the secret room is above it.

edited April 2016
    Yes.

And the secret room I was referring to in my last post was the room behind the door unlocked by the throne. There was literally nothing there.

As far as the potion from the secret room goes, I already have that one. Again I got both potions. 2 potions. 3 choices from the pool. Only got to do 2 of them.
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    How did some of you get a 2nd essence of clarity? I've only found one in the repository.
    One is dropped by the monsters in this room.

The other is in a container in the laboratory.

• KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    edited April 2016
    @GrimLefourbe
    I think there's a bug then as the mobs in this room dropped all sorts of gems and rings for me but not the potion.

@Krotos Which difficulty are you playing on?

I got it this time playing on insane but I didn't get it in my first playthrough where I was on core rule, since it's a drop it might be related?