Skip to content

Allow more items from Siege of Dragonspear to be imported to BG2:EE

bradbrad Member Posts: 32
I literally just finished SoD, and it was incredible! I am playing a character that I rolled for a "head canon" run through of the full saga, so I immediately upon finishing began to look at what new items transfer to BG2:EE. I am unreasonably upset that my favorite weapon will not transfer. Tongue of Acid +3 is a super awesome weapon concept and I fell in love immediately upon recieving it, however I only got to use it to kill a handful of devils and a certain mother. This sword most definitely deserves more than 1-2 hours of time in the game, please allow it to transfer to BG2:EE, pleaseeeee!!!

Comments

• SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    Would it be possible to just CLUA it into BG2 if you have the item code? I'm curious about some of my items as well.
  • bradbrad Member Posts: 32
    edited April 2016
    @Smaug It wouldn't be possible unless you somehow extracted the item files and moved them to bg2. As it is now, the items just don't exist in bg2, do the item codes wouldn't work.
    Bah!
    That's actually got me interested in attempting to bring this sword over to test it out though.... I'm gonna attempt it.
    edited April 2016
    No luck. REALLY hoping that this weapon gets added somewhere in Amn! Or maybe added to the weapon list for import, as it's not THAT much more powerful than Ashideena. I won that blade fair and square from a demon, I don't want to lose it so soon!!
    Yeah I'd be interested if you or anyone else figures out a home brew solution for transferring items.
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    I would very much like to see more of the SoD items find their way into BG2.

Most especially the Tongue of Acid +3. Just wasn't enough time to enjoy using it in SoD.
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    whats the stats on this item ?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Tongue of Acid +3

This infernal longsword, forged to resemble a devil's tongue, has a blade "sharper than any scream" according to the writing on the hilt. Its edge cuts easily through armor and bone and leaves acid sizzling in the wounds it inflicts. The pain its wounds inflict is so severe that its victims have difficulty functioning, even walking, due to the agony.

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:
    - 10% chance per hit of slowing the target for 3 rounds (Save vs. Spell negates)

THAC0: +3
    Damage: 1d8+3, +1d3 (acid)
    Damage Type: Slashing
    Speed Factor: 2
    Proficiency Type: Long Sword
    Type: One-handed
    Requires:
    6 Strength

Weight: 2