Skip to content

Get your Siege of Dragonspear Manuals Here!

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
While we wait for Ben to get into the office, I thought I'd drop the Siege of Dragonspear manuals here for your perusal.

Field Report

The Field Report, written by Flaming Fist Corporal Bence Duncan, describes the region surrounding Dragonspear Castle, as well as some of the major players in the Siege of Dragonspear conflict.

Adventurer's Guide

The Adventurer's Guide is your one-stop shop for all the most accurate information about races, classes, spells, and equipment in the Baldur's Gate series. The "back of the book" also features a pair of appendices: one for a bestiary of creatures you can summon and control, the other containing full level progressions for each of the base classes.

Sword Coast Survival Guide - Revised!

Featuring all-new layout and design, the latest edition of the Sword Coast Survival Guide describes the region south of Baldur's Gate city, which is where the initial Baldur's Gate campaign takes place.
Post edited by Dee on
JuliusBorisovSilverstarAedanIthualAerakarcmk24ArdulLeoNeguselminsterhook71Kamigoroshimf2112lunarBelfaldurnikAbdel_AdrianTyonlolienAKrugBierRodrianproccoAutocratSkaroseZansotarasisGenderNihilismGirdleBraggartGrifjackjackLoldrupYamchaFemShepAlonsoVixentIronhammer33MatronaCloCrevsDaakFina92BorrroMacHurtoanastielArvialost1AndreaColomboZaghoul

Comments

• DoodlerooDoodleroo Member Posts: 28
    Big thumbs up! These together with the release notes are some of the best manuals for a computer game I've ever seen!
    IthualDeeCrevsDaak
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you bought the game through Beamdog, you can also find all of those PDFs in the "Manuals" folder in the main installation directory.
    IthuallolienGenderNihilismGirdleCrevsDaak
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    @Dee Does it help you at all if we report typos? I just noticed a few small ones and wanted to offer my assistance. Hopefully it's not annoying.
    AlonsoCrevsDaak
    If you make a ticket for them in the SoD project on redmine (link), we'll take a look.
    IthuallolienGenderNihilismGirdleCrevsDaak
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    Thanks @Dee I'll get right on it. I think I speak for many people when I say thanks for all of your hard work on these, they're amazing.
    IthualAlonsoCrevsDaak
  • PhooeyPhooey Member Posts: 17
    Dee said:

If you bought the game through Beamdog, you can also find all of those PDFs in the "Manuals" folder in the main installation directory.

Just through Beamdog or when I get home will they get DL'ed with my Steam purchase? So excited to get home =)
    Just through Beamdog. Steam will have the Adventurer's Guide linked on the Store page on Steam.

You can also download them from the Siege of Dragonspear website now: http://www.siegeofdragonspear.com
    JuliusBorisovlolienGenderNihilismGirdleCrevsDaak
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Still looking for a manual that teaches me how to do a proper siege.
    lolienBarkspawnbooinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • PhooeyPhooey Member Posts: 17
    Thanks Dee
    lolien
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    edited April 2016
    Look good, but why did you take out the Table of Contents section? That was very useful to see what information the manual contained, and to navigate to any part of the manual fast.

Edit:
    I also noticed that the Survival Guide to the Sword Coast has less pages since it got all the Gameplay section out of the manual.
    Design-wise, it was to maintain the aesthetic of an in-world document (Bence Duncan wouldn't take the time to write page number annotations in his field report). But in practical terms, you're right, having a table of contents would be helpful.

The Adventurer's Guide does have a ToC, though; I imagine you're referring to the Sword Coast Survival Guide and Field Report.
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    I was refering to Sword Coast Survival Guide, since I haven't checked Field Report yet and I probably won't until I finish my playing through Baldur's Gate. It used to have a Table of Contents anyway. Doing the same for the Field Report as you explain may not be a good idea if it breaks inmersion, but I haven't checked that document yet so I can't give a good opinion there.

Also, I hope you don't remove the old documents since they work better on my computer. I suppose it's because the resolution of the images on the new ones, but I have a lot of problems scrolling through them.

And finally, any chance for the Survival guide being printed on the Collector's Edition even if it's using binders as the Adventure Guide? I would really like to have all 3 manuals printed on that box.
    Yep, it'll be printed in the back of the Field Report.
    lolienGenderNihilismGirdledancingcrabCrevsDaak
  • KyonKyon Member Posts: 128
    GOG version have old manuals in extras and installer files . Please fix this :)
    CameronToferlolienCrevsDaak
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    Awesome! Thank you. :)
    lolien
  • KyonKyon Member Posts: 128
    Kyon said:

GOG version have old manuals in extras and installer files . Please fix this :)

Also they are old in Steam installation too -_-
  • laeknirlaeknir Member Posts: 58
    Thank you for these! :)
    JuliusBorisovDee
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Thank you so much, the effort you've put into this stuff is simply phenomenal!
    DeeronaldoJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • MartyMarty Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2016
    In order for this to be the accurate as can be, I've made a request to fix several inconsistencies in the Adventurer's Guide, as I think people would like to have the correct info in the printed version: Issue 22500
    Would be really grateful if you could sort these!
    JuliusBorisovAlonso
  • dancingcrabdancingcrab Member Posts: 15
    Marty said:

In order for this to be the accurate as can be, I've made a request to fix several inconsistencies in the Adventurer's Guide, as I think people would like to have the correct info in the printed version: Issue 22500

I'm not sure how to use the bug reporting system, but I thought I'd mention that pg 123 has some typos - the Fairy Dragon and Quasit 'Special Traits' incorrectly refer to the Dust Mephit.
  • dancingcrabdancingcrab Member Posts: 15
    Natreg said:

[...] And finally, any chance for the Survival guide being printed on the Collector's Edition even if it's using binders as the Adventure Guide? I would really like to have all 3 manuals printed on that box.

Dee said:

Yep, it'll be printed in the back of the Field Report.

This is EXCELLENT NEWS! Thank you!

Marty said:

I'm not sure how to use the bug reporting system, but I thought I'd mention that pg 123 has some typos - the Fairy Dragon and Quasit 'Special Traits' incorrectly refer to the Dust Mephit.
    Thanks for noticing. I thought the first report couldn't be edited, so I reported it in a new issue.
    dancingcrab
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @Dee - The new manual says that bards can no longer use any weapons from the start, only the thieves ones. . What's up with that?
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    Rodrian said:

@Dee - The new manual says that bards can no longer use any weapons from the start, only the thieves ones. . What's up with that?

That seems like an oversight.
    I've reported it; I honestly don't know if it's better to update existing issues related to the manual, or to just create new reports entirely. Hopefully they can be sorted the same anyway; especially before it's being put to print.
  • Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    edited April 2016
    I notice in the Adventurer's guide section on thieves skills, it mentions that thieves and monks can use detect illusions. Shaman should be mentioned here, and IIRC, monks don't get detect illusion, they get detect traps (which they are then unable to do anything about - I always found that useless). Monks aren't mentioned in the detect trap section. They also aren't mentioned in the stealth section which talks of thieves and rangers.

Also, the section on the monk class doesn't mention their detection/stealth abilites.
    JuliusBorisov
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    Sids1188 said:

I notice in the Adventurer's guide section on thieves skills, it mentions that thieves and monks can use detect illusions. Shaman should be mentioned here, and IIRC, monks don't get detect illusion, they get detect traps (which they are then unable to do anything about - I always found that useless). Monks aren't mentioned in the detect trap section. They also aren't mentioned in the stealth section which talks of thieves and rangers.

Also, the section on the monk class doesn't mention their detection/stealth abilites.

Not entirely true. The class description for the Dark Moon Monk claims they have 10% Detect Illusion. Never tried one though so I cannot confirm if and how the skill works.
  • Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    Quique said:

Sids1188 said:

Not entirely true. The class description for the Dark Moon Monk claims they have 10% Detect Illusion. Never tried one though so I cannot confirm if and how the skill works.
    Good catch. Though that's only in game and doesn't appear in the manual's kit description. So that would make it another thing missed there ;P
    Sids1188 said:

Quique said:

Sids1188 said:

Good catch. Though that's only in game and doesn't appear in the manual's kit description. So that would make it another thing missed there ;P
    Actually, I've already reported this. The manual instead states they have a +2 saving throw against illusion spells, which I assume was how it used to function... :)
    Sids1188
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    Where do you report an error in the manuals? Bard weapon proficiencies description is waaaaay wrong.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited April 2016
    Quique said:

Where do you report an error in the manuals? Bard weapon proficiencies description is waaaaay wrong.

Check here and here to see if it is already mentioned. If not, add to the report.
    edit: in the 2nd link there is something about the bard's weapon proficiencies.
    JuliusBorisovQuiqueAlonsoCrevsDaak