Skip to content

[Bug] Stealth detection spells without provocation

CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
edited November 2012 in Original BG2 Bugs
Game Behaviour at Present

If my character sneaks up on certain enemies while invisible, as soon as my character is in range they start to cast a spell to remove invisibility.

Expected Behaviour

Most enemies would be very unlikely to be able to spot that someone invisible was approaching, and therefore I would expect that most of the time if the enemy has not yet engaged with you at any point then they would not cast invisibility removal spells.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• technophobetechnophobe Member Posts: 68
    That happens even when it's a stealthed thief who likely won't be heard, either. Just another example of bad/lazy AI.
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    Yes, this is something that is ludicrous. The AI check should be more involved. Cuz you just can't sneak past a beholder.

Like, every 6 seconds there should be a check. If an invisible target is moving, do a check against stealth, move silently, dexterity and so forth. Avenger's script looks good.
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    edited June 2012
    There is a bug though - a ranger's STEALTH is internally written in the character's Move Silently AND Hide in Shadows skill value (which is correct).
    However, the original devs forgot to change the skills of a Thief ALSO to Stealth, a Thief only has Move Silently and an internal Hide in Shadows Skill of 0. I fixed that with Shadowkeeper after every thief level-up as a workaround so far and set HiS = MS.