Skip to content

I like the 2.0 so far!

AMOCAMOC Member Posts: 2
Yes i like it! BG is an old game and its good to have this kind of upgrade. Ofcourse there many bugs or some wrong designe choose, but im sure they will change and fix it all!

So many ppl get angry about my "feeling" about 2.0 but i dont´t really care! I hope they will improve this game even more and add more comfort tasks.

Comments

• BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Despite being a "veteran" in these games, i have to agree. surprisingly i even like the current UI of BG2:EE 2.0 better than the one of BG:EE 2.0 and BG:SoD 2.0– especially the character screen. It's more ugly and has bugs (that can be fixed), but so much more intuitive by concept ...

Currently i'm playing BG2 2.0 on my pc, and BG1 1.3 on my tablet, wishing the tablet had the 2.0 UI too already when switching.

Looking forward to 2.1 and furter :wink:
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    It feels to me like 2.0 was one step forward, two steps back. Most of the issues seems to be with the UI which is understandable since it's based on new tech. I haven't actually tried the new update yet, and I will probably hold off buying SoD until many of the issues have been solved. Because when I finally do play SoD I want it to be a relatively pure and bug free experience. I want my first time to be special. ;)
    I'm confident Beamdog will get the engine to a state that far surpasses 1.3 eventually, but until then I'll keep myself busy with other things.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited April 2016
    Before the v2, BGee was "BGT + widescreen + Tobex + 1ppv4 + bg2fixpack".

Now, BGEE is ... different. :)
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
  • oldman42oldman42 Member Posts: 27
    Before 2.0, BG was enhanced. Now, it is altered.

It is ok, if ppl enjoy it, and maybe this is the future. But please, bring back the option to play it like in old times (1.3 was good balance).
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    oldman42 said:

Before 2.0, BG was enhanced. Now, it is altered.

It is ok, if ppl enjoy it, and maybe this is the future. But please, bring back the option to play it like in old times (1.3 was good balance).

Just the thought of playing BG againg without the new pathfinding is enough to give me nightmares.