Skip to content

Best BG1 video

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Which one do you think is the best Baldur's Gate 1 video? (and why)
  1. Best BG1 video183 votes
    1. Intro video where Sarevok kills the knight.
      42.62%
    2. Friendly Arm Inn video
        3.83%
    3. Beregost video
        1.09%
    4. Nashkel video
        7.65%
    5. Gnoll Fortress video
        1.64%
    6. City of Baldur's Gate video
        4.92%
    7. Night to day /Day to night videos
        1.64%
    8. Cloakwood Forest video
        7.65%
    9. Ending video after Sarevok's death
      23.50%
    10. Other
        5.46%

Comments

• KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    The Friendly Arm Inn video was emblematic for the game for me.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    The Cloakwood one was cool with the Wyverns... that is, back in 1999. All the videos look so bad now... one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the EE.
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    edited September 2012
    The credits video of course. Playing two songs and displaying nice artwork.
  • GrayvieGrayvie Member Posts: 49
    Intro video and ending video. I chose ending since the bhaalspawn statues are too epic... please for the love of god stop creating stupid poll threads...
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    They're all great. I have to give the nod to the final video at game's end, though. Although I like the intro nearly as much.

Honorable mention to the bandit camp video where the flind smacks the PC behind the head to keep him moving.
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    That laugh...
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    Epic conclusion! The music, the animation of Sarevok's essence returning back to Bhaal, the pit with the statues... everything was perfect! Even the Temple of Bhaal movie was great. I was going to face DA BOSS!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited September 2012
    Sarevok's intro has always been the most memorable one for me.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    The video for when you enter the Temple of Bhaal below the city of Baldur's Gate.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited September 2012
    "WHAT WAS THAT?!"
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I quite liked the Highlander opening
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    The death movie, obviously. It's the one we see most, so it had better be good.

:)
  • BeerishBeerish Member Posts: 8
    Lemernis said:

Honorable mention to the bandit camp video where the flind smacks the PC behind the head to keep him moving.

I always assumed that was Ender Sai. The colour scheme/race seems to fit.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    My favorite is the one where you rest at an inn, and a rat scrabbles across the floor. Really makes you feel safe. :)
    Beerish said:

Lemernis said:

I always assumed that was Ender Sai. The colour scheme/race seems to fit.
    I never thought of that, lol. You could be right.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    I love the Cloakwood video where the Wyvern flies overheard carrying the cow. Awesome.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I always liked the "golden hour" mood when day turned into night, everything shimmering red and golden, and then the video with the chatter of the day dying down and the crickets coming out... The intro is great as well, though.
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    edited September 2012
    Love this poll. How come no one mentioned the death scene video? Watching your hand turn to dust, and then the dust turn to nothing....

Well, that might be tops on my least favourite video list.
    edited September 2012
    Wyvern swooping overhead with the cow in its talons ("Whawazat?!") is great, as is the day-to-night countryside transition, as GoodSteve and The_New_Romance said.

I also liked the day-to-night transition video in the city of Baldur's Gate. And for the matter the video upon entering the city, also.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    "I will be the last. And you will go first. "
    I hope im not the only one who can clearly hear the exact voice and how it sounds when I read that qoute, its frightening how accurate the mind can be at rendering memories. :P
  • ShaewarosShaewaros Member Posts: 24
    Hard to decide, they're all awesome.
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    Koson said:

The Friendly Arm Inn video was emblematic for the game for me.

Agreed. It was the most involved video, gave the most dialogue (not counting the disjointed soundbites in the ending credit video, as entertaining as they are) and at least for me, drew me into the game more than any other video. It certainly raised some plot questions for me, which further piqued my interest.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Entering the Iron Throne building. Sinister elegance with music to match!
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    There's also the videos upon flooding the Cloakwood Mines and entering the Iron Throne which I found more memorable than a couple on the list. The most nostalgic for me is Nashkel but the final/credits video is probably the most awesome.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    15 years ago , all of contents of BG are the best in this world for me.
  • CyricSpawnCyricSpawn Member Posts: 74
    I like the little kobald sneaking around
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Please post links to each individual Baldur's Gate movie clip for polling purposes.

For a poll I came up with a month ago? No thanks. I doubt I could even find them all without having to video edit. Those who have beaten the game and have not uninstalled the program will have them available in the movies section of the games menu.
  • j0lssonij0lssoni Member Posts: 53
    The intro movie. It's well-made, epic, sinister in mood, gives a clear picture of the antagonist and hints slightly at his motives, which become more clear later on. BG1's intro is as close to perfect as can be.