Skip to content

[SPOILERS] Mask puzzle in the old Temple of Bhaal

Has anyone figured this out yet? I've been sitting here clicking these damn things in every combination I can think of for like an hour to no avail. Halp :(
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• txszymanskitxszymanski Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    I found this in the prologue.

Btw. Where did you find this mask puzzle?

1.png 762.7K
  • phoneduderphoneduder Member Posts: 2
    I
    can't figure this one out either...
  • ManBearPigManBearPig Member Posts: 34
    The masks are "ordered" 1 to 6 starting with 1 on the top left, 3 on the top right, 4 on the bottom left. Click 3, 1, 4 and the door opens
    justfeelinathomeJuliusBorisov
  • WulfgarBattlehammerWulfgarBattlehammer Member Posts: 12
    Yep. I figured it out. It was just the art style messing with me. I didn't realize that each of those black squares was a button.

I found this in the prologue.

Btw. Where did you find this mask puzzle?

It's in the old Bhaal temple in the Forest of Wyrms. Right side of the map, very top of the mountain, through the cave.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    I didnt do any puzzle and i got the door to the reliquiary opened. It seems if you have the key there is no need to solve the puzzle. I wasnt even aware that there was a puzzle there
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    I was also unaware of a puzzle there.
    edited April 2016
    It's in the corridor right before the reliquary. See le picture above.

I believe it's a special +3 short sword which has a chance on hit to cast mirror image on the wielder. Pretty nifty, but no one in my party uses short swords so I sold it.
    Post edited by WulfgarBattlehammer on
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    @WulfgarBattlehammer You can put spoilers by using [spoiIer]your text[/spoiler]

Example:
    It's the sword cyric used to kill bhaal I think. Do not copy paste the tags.

WulfgarBattlehammer
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2016

Example:

There's a book in the same container that talks about a blade called Godsbane, which Cyric used to kill Bhaal (as Mask had hidden himself within it to shield himself from danger and presumably make it more powerful); but I don't think it's the Fractal Blade you find there, which has a different history in its description. You'd think a +3 short sword wouldn't be the kind of thing one god would use to kill another, but then again, maybe it went by the Godsbane name and was stronger only when inhabited by Mask. Pretty ambiguous stuff there.
    WulfgarBattlehammer
    You're probably right, I assumed it was cyric's blade because it was kept in such a secret.

Cyric wasn't a god at the time he killed bhaal I think, didn't he ascend to godhood through killing Bhaal?
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99

You're probably right, I assumed it was cyric's blade because it was kept in such a secret.

Cyric wasn't a god at the time he killed bhaal I think, didn't he ascend to godhood through killing Bhaal?
    Ah yeah you're right, forgot about that. Cyric was a mortal, and since all the gods were pretty much in the same boat during the Time of Troubles, I suppose it wouldn't require an immensely powerful weapon to kill one.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Nah it's probably not Godsbane, going by the books the blade would have been red and drained the life force of whatever it hit. Also it would have either been broken by this time or been in Cyric's possession as a god since it was holding Kelemvor's soul.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I've re-tagged the thread for spoilers as well, hopefully no one reads anything they don't want to.
    JuliusBorisov

Example:

Thanks man, wasn't sure how to do that. I fixed my comment.
  • RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    How did you actually solve this ? Sarevok's note mentioned number 3,1,4 but there is only 3 buttons. How do I press them to open the hidden room ?
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    There are actually six buttons friend. There are 3 in the top row and 3 in the bottom row, it's not as clear as it could be I know.
    JuliusBorisov
    Ok thanks. which ones are 3,1 and 4 then ?
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    They are ordered:

As you see them from your perspective.
    JuliusBorisov
    Fantastic, finally managed to open the door after spending 30 minutes trying to figure this one out, thank you and have a nice day
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    How the heck do you kill the
    Shaded Figure thing? I can't seem to consistently damage it enough. My party just cleared everything else in the temple, so I'm a little beat up. Is there a way to target it with spells?

How the heck do you kill the

Shaded Figure thing? I can't seem to consistently damage it enough. My party just cleared everything else in the temple, so I'm a little beat up. Is there a way to target it with spells?
    I believe it's actually invisible. Do you have a cleric? True sight should do the trick.
    edited April 2016
    I did them the first time on core rules. I'm on insane now and damn they got buffed up like crazy

It seem to have an infinite number of instant cast mislead.
    Invisibility Purge counters Mislead.