Skip to content

Where did you get your copy of SoD?

2»

Comments

• ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    Bought SoD both direct from Beamdog and GOG (Beamdog first).

I snag it from Beamdog directly to have it Day 1, then buy the GOG version as I find it a far more convenient installer (not having to download it every time I want to reinstall is also nice).

I've done the same with all the Enhanced Editions (BG, BG2, IWD). I want to support Beamdog in the hopes they can create and release a wholly original Enhanced Infinity Engine D&D title (or something very much like it using 5e, since I'm guessing WotC won't allow new creations that aren't 5e rules). Of course I'd be just as happy with one that continues to use 2e rules. :smiley:
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    I'm actually a bit surprised by the low turn-out of GOG purchases given the really good sale of their EE base games! This is an interesting spread of answers everyone, thanks for participating!
  • NightRevanNightRevan Member Posts: 81
    Didn't even know GoG had a digital deluxe version I just got the first version of the game that appeared.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353

Didn't even know GoG had a digital deluxe version I just got the first version of the game that appeared.

I like soundtracks (and supporting cool devs) so I always check to make sure, I'm pretty sure they came out same day tho!
  • KcoQuidamKcoQuidam Member Posts: 181
    Beamdog site, mostly because i prefer the money going directly to the team. I have buy at first the standard version on steam.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Holding for the App store version, like a good Apple dronecustomer. Trying to avoid SoD spoilers waiting for this to drop is killing me - but a known problem when you choose to get all your software from an outlet that inserts its own validation process into the software release.

Hoping it lands next week...