Skip to content

Quickloot undeveloped?

EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
edited April 2016 in The Road to v2.0
I just noticed that quickloot significantly lost it's usability. In 1.3 when this red square button was active quickloot bar appeared in place of normal loot windows and after looting (or moving away) it was disappearing. Now this red button just active quickloot bar above skill bar which is present all the time. You can indeed click button again to hide it, but it's like 10 steps back with functionality. Will this be fixed? Would be ok if the quickloot bar would disappear after moving away from lootable body, like it was before.

Comments

• rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    Noooo, quickloot is massively improved... Indeed, I would say, v2 is the first time Quickloot is consistently useable. .. in previous iterations, if the loot filled more than 2 rows worth of quickloot bar, it would rescroll when you picked up gold/items, making it unusable for looting a large pile of corpses. Now it works perfectly. (And my munchkins chars do love leaving large piles of corpses behind them.)
    _Luke_Daevelon
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited April 2016
    I noticed that you can pick up items easier, but i don't like idea of always present quickloot bar. Like i said, it would be ok if the bar would fade away when moving away from body.
    EDIT: Okay, my bad. I just watched 1.3 playthrough and noticed that quickloot bar was also always present on previous version, till you clicked red button. Sorry for commotion. But still, fading away bar when it's empty would be great improvement.
    EDIT: Okay, my bad. I just watched 1.3 playthrough and noticed that quickloot bar was also always present on previous version, till you clicked red button. Sorry for commotion. But still, fading away bar when it's empty would be great improvement.

Sorta agree. On the one hand, it would automate having to close the bar every time. On the other hand, the quicklook bar refreshing when you move around a large field of corpses is also sometimes convenient.

Dunno if this is doable in Infinity Engine, but i see it like this. You have enabled quickloot bar, but it's invisible. You fight group of hobgoblins for instance and after killing first one bar appears. You kill all of them, take what you need and move away. Items in the bar disappear one by one and when you move away far enough from the closest corpse bar fades away. You can always disable it by red button.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited April 2016
    I don't think we have anything that will make the bar fade out, but the rest of it (ie. making it disappear when there are not items shown) should be doable with the new UI if you wanted to look into modding it.
    edited April 2016
    Oh, I see what you mean now.. I feel kind of thick. Yes, that would be a neat feature to add.
    @SethDavis, thanks for reply. If it's doable to make bar disappear when there are not items and appear when items are close/show after kill, then that's what i meant. I didn't literally mean fading away bar (like making it more transparent with every second). Unfortunatelly i know nothing about moding, it was just an idea.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    It's a lot simpler than it used to be, if you have a spare hour and want to give it a shot then https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48994/the-new-ui-system-how-to-use-it/p1 should help you out.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited April 2016
    It'd be cool if individual item slots in the quick loot bar could be hidden if their empty (When there's less than a full bar of items or the bar of items at the end is only partially full). This would be the ultimate improvement but I think we're getting a bit complicated here.