Skip to content

SoD - we need another front line fighter? (spoilers)

2»

Comments

• FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    Yeah, in my current game (with a kensai) I don't even have anyone wearing decent armor (well, Minsc could but Boo doesn't like the cold of metal armors).

Even for some good parties it might be an idea to take Dorn along. So far in BG1 he doesn't act that evil yet so good people might be willing to team up with him to fight a common foe. To be realistic, the goal is to beat the crusaders, not to create the merriest band of best-friends-forever.
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    I don't want to start any arguments so please nobody take this the wrong way but I think Shar-Teel joining the team would be quite funny considering some of the chaos that happened recently and her unique personality. Thank you friends.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452

I don't want to start any arguments so please nobody take this the wrong way but I think Shar-Teel joining the team would be quite funny considering some of the chaos that happened recently and her unique personality. Thank you friends.

I agree. We can say what we want about the ''new'' Safana, at least they chose to keep her, which is still a good thing in my opinion.
  • jde33jde33 Member Posts: 24
    The problem is a bit worse for good parties, but yeah you identity the problem.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    jde33 said:

Good parties have Khalid, Minsc and Jaheira as potential front-liners, though. Plus Rasaad if SoD lets him get far enough for the Monk class to start showing its strengths.
  • jde33jde33 Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2016
    shawne said:

jde33 said:

Good parties have Khalid, Minsc and Jaheira as potential front-liners, though. Plus Rasaad if SoD lets him get far enough for the Monk class to start showing its strengths.
    As it's been said in the OP if you run Khalid, Minsc and Jaheira then your party composition becomes..

CHARNAME - (pretend this is a backline weakling)
    Khalid
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Safana

That's ok, but due to the "pair dynamic" that's the only way it works. At least for harder difficulties and the way SoD fights are. It's very static. We really need some kind of real beef here because even the tanks that we do have are pretty much second rate to some IE: Korgan, Mazzy, Ajantis, Kagain & Anomen etc.

I think we all agree here a neutral aligned fighter, barbarian or fighter multiclass would help tremendously with party compositions.
    edited April 2016
    Eh, there's been ways around the pair dynamic since 1998 - slip the person you don't want a Cursed Scroll of Petrification and on to adventure. :)

Besides, I was more replying to you saying that Good parties have it worse; I mean, at least they have options. Evil parties don't.
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    It's almost like they want you to take Khalid, Minsc, Jaheira, and Dynaheir in your party... almost like you start the next installment the in the game with those guys in your party...

In all seriousness, though, Dornan has been doing well as a front liner for my group on the evil side, with my Blade. As a result I have a very caster heavy party: Tina the Blade, Dorn, M'khiin, Glint, and Viconia.

M'khiin and Neera do a nice job taking out the vast majority of enemies with their AoE attacks, letting Dornan pull the heat from the few serious threats, while Tina turns them into minced meat thanks to buffs from Vicky and Glint.
  • jimw884jimw884 Member Posts: 24

The pair dynamic still exists my friends.

Did my game glitch then? I had Jaheira but was never forced to take Khalid.

• TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    Jaheira and Khalid are not paired as strictly as Minsc and Dynaheir are.
  • StoibsStoibs Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2016
    Yeah avoiding the pair requirements for Khalid/Jaheira is a lot easier as they are recruited separately.
    My good aligned party consisted of Khalid and Rassad as my only real 'Frontliner' Melee fighters, with the other 4 (Corwin, Safana, Neera, CHARNAME:SHAMAN) being all manner of ranged.
    Worked fine for me really.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    The BG series needs more dwarves. It really needs a dwarven defender for that matter.
  • KorbuKorbu Member Posts: 61
    Aedan said:

We should change the title of this thread with...

WE NEED SHAR-TEEL IN SOD!
    :wink:
    Oh god. Imagine how much they'd change Shar-Teel's personality, since she fit the "Feminazi" trope in BG 1.
    edited April 2016
    Korbu said:

Oh god. Imagine how much they'd change Shar-Teel's personality, since she fit the "Feminazi" trope in BG 1.

You realize you're basically arguing in favor of keeping her that way, right? It's not like BG1 ever gave Shar-Teel an actual reason for why she is the way she is beyond "her father's a scumbag". Maybe there's a story there worth telling.