Skip to content

Is there a SOD compatible EE Keeper?

I have tried 1.0.3.2 and although it works to edit the save file, it says it can't save some items on my character and the save is corrupt and won't load. I don't want to make any major changes, I just want to get Khalid back in after he died so I can continue the game.

Cheers

Comments

• PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited April 2016
    Drop any SoD specific items on the ground next to your party, then save. You should be able to edit the save without problems and then pick the items back up in game once you're done :smile:
  • ZansoZanso Member Posts: 136
    edited April 2016
    You have to setup the EEKeeper with right path aka change the installation directory in EEKeeper. Otherwise it will do that. For example:
    ....\Data\00806 not the ...\Data\00766
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Member Posts: 24
    Cheers for the replies.

I tried dropping everything before saving and never got the error messages in EE Keeper, but when I tried loading the new save SOD crashes everytime.
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    ShaunIOW said:

Cheers for the replies.

I tried dropping everything before saving and never got the error messages in EE Keeper, but when I tried loading the new save SOD crashes everytime.

I did as follows and it worked just fine:
    1) from the 00806 folder, copy the savegame you want to modify; transfer the savegame from the 00806 folder to the 00766 folder;
    2) modify whatever you want to modify; cut the savegame from 00766, copy it in 00806;
    3) ????
    4) profit.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited April 2016
    Works fine for me. As people have said above you need to change the installation path so it references the SoD assets (00806). For example here is my path;
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear\Data\00806\

You then need to tick the 'Use custom Save Location' and map the SoD saves which are as below;
    C:\Users\<Your User>\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\sodsave
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Member Posts: 24
    Cheers, sorted now.
  • sirchetsirchet Member Posts: 14
    Don't forget to name your new profile SoD so you can easily switch back and forth between BG1, BG2 and SoD.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Does anyone know how to do this on Steam? The usual installation section has a folder called "dlc" but the contents are compressed and Keeper can't read the resources.