Skip to content

WeiDU Help, Please~

IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
edited April 2016 in General Modding
Could anyone possibly spare some of their time to give me a step-by-step [For Dummies] on how to write up my characters as a WeiDU file Mod?

(Come to think of it, is WeiDU still compatible with the new 2.0?)

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I would be happy to help if I can. But what, exactly, do you want to do?

Also, weidu works with 2.0. Gog and steam versions need the modmerge, here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use#latest
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    edited April 2016
    Well, first and foremost, I have all the concepts and ideas and all the characters dusted up and ready to WeiDU-ify (I assume?), I just have no idea what I'm doing.

(Backtrack - So everything works with the Beam version?)

Had to remake everything from scratch in Near Infinity, par the characters, due to the release of 2.0 and me not figuring out how you package the files as a downloadable WeiDU file to install into the game.

(This is all for BG2, by the way.)

(From my limited understanding, I think I need to create CRE files and then somehow translate them into WeiDU or... Something? I'm vastly uneducated when it comes to all this coding stuff, even if it's supposed to be simple - I have no previous experience with any of it haha. However, I am determined to make my mod for publishing, even if though it's long days of getting educated and up to speed!

@Grammarsalad
    Lol, that's okay. From the top. So, are you interested in making an NPC, with spells and items? Something like that?
    edited April 2016
    Not spells, no. They'll all have quest items/starter equips, some with unique gears to them and only wearable by those individual Actors.

Currently, it's a Swashbuckler, Shaman, Paladin, Assassin & A Bard. They're all implemented as a solo-NPC, not as a full party, so it will all be written up to only include one via CHARNAME choice.

It's going to be a very text heavy Mod, which will most likely be where the difficulties will present themselves, otherwise their gears are very standard and not anything tricky, par one long-winded quest item the Assassin will be working towards, as mentioned in the above NPC Mod discussion.
    Okay, did you see the thread that I 'summoned' you to? That gives the very basics. It's the best place to start.

Try just adding one of your items to the game first
    My items are already added into the game, I can use Near Infinity fairly well. I've managed to make Flame Blade and innate spell as well as a Clerical spell, for example. My gear is almost done for all the characters. I just need to export it all lol.

My items are already added into the game, I can use Near Infinity fairly well. I've managed to make Flame Blade and innate spell as well as a Clerical spell, for example. My gear is almost done for all the characters. I just need to export it all lol.
    I mean try to add then with weidu as instructed in the link. Baby steps :)
    @Grammarsalad

The Link to the that Forum post has changed to something else ?
    ?