Skip to content

Need help with final boss (spoilers)

Hey Boo lovers!
How do i kill that fucking B thing? I do kill everything elsenear him, but for him, everyones weapons is innafective.
Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english. Not my native tongue :)

Comments

• adormituladormitul Member Posts: 63
    So what weapons do you use? Do you use +2 weapons?
  • SimaskaSimaska Member Posts: 2
    Yes! For example spiders bane +2
    Bow of banshee +2
    Fleshripper +2
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    It helps immensely if you side with Caelar (she can tank pretty much everything for a while before dying); but fighting against her and Belhefit is fun also. Wasn't able to kill them both on Core Rules though, just didn't have enough hitting power behind my few +3 weapons. Lowering it to Normal made it almost too easy, though.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    You can cast enchanted weapon on your biggest damage dealer to be able to hurt him, with a bit of luck you hoarded a scroll of enchanted weapon sometime during the story
  • DasieqDasieq Member Posts: 135
    Soo...I play it with insane Difficulty while all the game, and I had bad moments I cant deny. but this fight... its Really hard! I stuck here and cant finish it. Main boss almost one hit everything? Dorn and Minsc over 80/90 life points... I can hit this boss with my magic +3 arrows and bolts so killing it is not really the biggest problem. The worst thing is that he summon new enemies(mefits and other winged-things) over and over, my whole team have speed potions drunk, so my mobility is very good(also Dorn,Minsc,I and Corwin have range weapons), but enemies r everywhere, every side of the map, if I want save my spell buffs for all party members I must sacrifice Dynaheir, she takes dispel magic, and others go back... well then they kill Dynaheir in 1,2 hits.... So im immune to fear and all mind control spells thanks to my potions drunk yet in the lift... I try I really try to beat this fight but its like my 20x and fail. I must admit, BG1 Sarevok is super easy for me. 2x invisible potion for me or any other thief and hes dead. In Bg2 Irenicus is super easy also. Melissana is hard if we play wo traps and dirty stuff like that. But Difference between those fights and the Final Fight in SoD is.... here we r just inside, in the middle of action and we cant really prepare (only the lift) we cant flee, hide or anything. In Bg1 and Bg2 we always have opportunity to prepare earlier, also hide and Control All Party Members!! This fight is really a Challenge. So I stuck for a moment and need a brake to breath haha. Say a word if you beat it on Insane Difficulty and pls give me some tips.
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265

If you're playing at Core difficulty or above, you need +3 weapons.
    If you're playing at Normal difficulty or below, you need +2 weapons.

Without +3 weapons (I only had 1 on my first run), you may be able to cast magic reduction spells then blast him with magic. There should also be +3 arrows and stones in the castle?

+3 weapons? That explains why I did so little damage to him. Also, that's kind of hardcore actually. Of the top of my head I can only remember picking up a single +3 weapon in sod, and that was the one right before the fight. Think there was a hammer casting earthquake somewhere there too, but that might've been +2.
    Dasieq said:

But Difference between those fights and the Final Fight in SoD is.... here we r just inside, in the middle of action and we cant really prepare (only the lift) we cant flee, hide or anything.

I think that's just the case that it's a newly released expansion. Sarevok, Irenicus and Amelyssan were all really difficult fights the first time around, when you came unprepared and unknowingly what you face. One year from now, SoD final boss will be a equally easy.

Personally it took way, way less tries to down this boss than Sarevok or Irenicus the first time around, but admittedly I've probably gotten slightly better at the game over the past one and a half decade. ^^

But again, I also played at core. Insane might make it substantially harder.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861

If you're playing at Normal difficulty or below, you need +2 weapons.

Without +3 weapons (I only had 1 on my first run), you may be able to cast magic reduction spells then blast him with magic. There should also be +3 arrows and stones in the castle?

I tend to play good aligned, but see not anything wrong with betting my own soul with the gate-guardian demon. Chance for a +3 weapon there.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Besides the demon riddling, see above, I'd frankly suggest just dropping the difficulty level, and not feeling bad about it - if need be.

To me, it was about seeing the end resolution to how I ended up from BG to BG2. And to import my char to carry on!

BG2 was actually my first RPG ever. I had absolutely no clue about party balance etc. It took me some, playing other things as well, before I could take on Irenicus in hell.

Now I can do it at hard, but at my first play-through, I could not do it on easy! Yet I did not actually feel too bad about it, because BG2 was mind-blowing and so enjoyable! Dropping it when need be was necessary for that though.
  • StoibsStoibs Member Posts: 66
    Hmm, good to know. I didn't actually realize that he was immune to anything below +3 on my first playthrough, as I had all that equipped and being used anyway (Tongue of Acid + Twinkle on my frontliners, with the rest being ranged with +3 arrows/bolts/bullets or spells etc.)

I actually felt a bit overpowered for the final fight (Loading up on buff potions and things like regen pots helped) and between myself and Cealer wailing on him he was kind of a pushover by comparison to other fights like the one-on-one duel earlier.
  • DasieqDasieq Member Posts: 135

TStael said:

Besides the demon riddling, see above, I'd frankly suggest just dropping the difficulty level, and not feeling bad about it - if need be.

Aw,yeah... its called 'Legacy Of Bhaal' and its no option to change it now for me :( Hah but yeah, others can do that and enjoy rest of the game with lower difficulty. Its bit like cheating don't you think? :) I mean... its all possible and fine but... I just feel bad when I think I could do something like that in my game. Whole game played with challenge...and then? just drop it and sett to 'easy'?