Skip to content

Is there a way to un-do the graphic "update"?

GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
I've already disabled sprite outlining, but I would really like the game to look like the rest of, you know, BG? The current graphiclook is too muddled, too hazy, even the perspective seems off.
I also dislike the UI changes: the information is too cluttered, with no proper delineation.

Does patch 2.0 brings these "upgrades" to BGII:EE as well?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Yes, although BG2:EE has a placeholder UI.
    The muddled look has to do with scaling filters and is something that is being looked at.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    Try changind the Selection circles to Classic in your Feedback Optoins. It seems odd, and I can't really explain it, but the new circles try to match the perspective angle of the ground, and somehow, manage to make the whole game look skewed, (to mine eyes, at least.)
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    rashkae said:

Try changind the Selection circles to Classic in your Feedback Optoins. It seems odd, and I can't really explain it, but the new circles try to match the perspective angle of the ground, and somehow, manage to make the whole game look skewed, (to mine eyes, at least.)

This helped tremendously. Not sure if it's relevant, but I also started using the alternate rendering.

Note to self: never upgrade BGII.
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83
    I wish we could have the old EE selection circles back.
    I swear they were different, I don't entirely remember but a single thin circle line doesn't quite seem right to me, it was different I'm almost positive.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Is there some similar trick for a music? Normally I keep music to a minimum and it works for the environment. However in almost every talk music is so loud I can not hear VO. I can only read the text, of course, but that cacophony (music plus VO) does not help with immersion or concentrating on text. Right now I have VO and ambient at 100% and music something really low. Is there some other option influencing sound?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Mirandel Check if your sound driver is set to add environmental effects such as surround to your sound output. It may be getting the music track as front voice increasing its relative volume when compared to the other sounds.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Thanks for idea. If I understand it correctly - it looks like output is supposed to be unaffected and unmodified in any form (not to mention I have it only in SoD). But I will look more into it.
    In the Options Screen, there should be a button for Sound. Reduce the volume of Music, and or increase the volume of Voice, Until you are happy with the mix.. (In my game, Music is set to about a quarter of all the others.)

I wish we could have the old EE selection circles back.
    I swear they were different, I don't entirely remember but a single thin circle line doesn't quite seem right to me, it was different I'm almost positive.

Oh yes, they were quite different. Selected character would have a double circle. Also, the circle was rendered at the native resolution of the sprite, and would look fuzy and pixelated if you zoomed in. The new circle, even in classic style, is rendered at full screen resolution.. (and really, I think, looks much nicer.)