Skip to content

Reputation and companions leaving

Is this featured in SoD? I'd like to use Viconia in an otherwise good party without having to juggle my reputation with the occasional evil deed to prevent her from taking off. I'm not sure if the BG2Tweaks component to keep party members from leaving works in SoD?

Comments

• SwashbucklerSwashbuckler Member Posts: 15
    As far as I have seen it, yes, it is a mechanic that is active in SoD. I've only taken a party up to the coalition camp (and not under Dragonspear, yet), and I've had numerous characters leave me because my rep is low. Even after visiting she-who-shall-not-be-named and raising my rep with lots of gold donations, Corwin still likes to leave me in just about every new area I come across. One issue I've noticed is that when an NPC does leave your party, they are not all to be found back at camp; I've had to wait to re-find Corwin at the next point where the Fist army camps out each time. Dynaheir left me early on, and I've never seen her since.
    JobacNoor
  • SirdentSirdent Member Posts: 45
    Will Safana ever leave? Ive had dialogue where she says something to the like of she doesnt like the reputation the party is getting. Im not looking forward to losing a thief in an evil party and having to Leroy Jenkins my way through traps with no thief.
    Skarose
  • rojayrojay Member Posts: 20
    Viconia left me several times when my reputation got too high. I could always find her back at the camp, and could immediately invite her to rejoin. That is, up until ...
    the very end of the game, when I returned to the coalition camp to defend it from three attacks; she was nowhere to be seen from that point, and I did not have the option to add any other NPC to my party. I played through the final portion of the game with 5 party members.