Skip to content

Beginner questions =/

PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
So way back in the day, like 10 years ago, I dabbled with creating custom items for my personal use. I'd like to make myself a few items/spells again, but I haven't got a clue how to get started.

What tools do I need to download? Just how difficult would it be for me to learn how to do this with the EE versions? Is there any difference between making gear between BG2 and IWD (I'm assuming not, but want to be sure)? How would I go about adding my items into the game, maybe to a vendor so I don't have to console them in?

I just want to do basic things, like maybe making myself a custom sword, or altering spells and the like. I have no grandiose plans of hardcore modding...that's well above my pay grade lol.

Comments

• darksauriandarksaurian Member Posts: 42
    Yeah I want to get started too. Is there a tutorial or something? I only want to add Montaron and Xzar to BG2ee.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    As Nalia once said, "Is anyone willing to help?" I just want to make myself an item or two, maybe a spell =(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    If the items are just for personal use you can use C:CreateItem("") as long as the file is in your override. You'll want to keep a backup of the files outside of your game directory.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    edited April 2016
    Just pick an existing mod and use the .tp2 file and edit it to your taste, and like they said, use NI to creatie the .ITM
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Thanks for the thorough explanation @subtledoctor =)

I'll give it a whirl when I'm back home from work.