Skip to content

Baldurs gate 2 EE - short achievement guide (SPOILERS)

naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
Hello

Please note this guide will contain severe gamebreaking spoilers! I strongly advise you don’t read further if you haven’t completed the game!

I made this short guide to the Baldurs gate 2: EE edition (based on the steam version) to show you how some of the achievements are unlocked. I excluded the most obvious ones.

I have previously (a decade ago) completed the original game so I personally didn’t mind skipping the most repetitive parts.

Note that you can’t get all these achievements in a single run, unless you use a mixture of cheating, cheesing, modding, shadowkeeper, reloading previous saves, clua commands and importing / exporting from MP->SP-MP.
So before anyone starts namecalling: Yes I cheated.
If you play by the rules, getting all the achievements will take at least 8 complete playthroughs of SOA and two TOB.
A lot of the achievements will only trigger on your main protagonist! So you can go ahead and treat Viconia real bad but you still wont get “worst day ever” from her :smile:

The achievements and descriptions are sorted from my list in steam, so it should be in the same order as your own.

Please tell me if there's something missing / wrong and I will address the issue asap.
(also this is the mandatory comment about English not being my native language and me being excused for making silly spelling errors).

Spoilers starting here:

Godlike
Increase an attribute score to 25.
This one comes along as you play. Either by potions, crom faeyr or Draw Upon Holy Might

Untouchable
Have an Armor Class of -15 or lower.
This one comes along as you play. My swashbuckler had -25 on the last playthrough. You can equip gear and drink potions to speed it up.

Loremaster
Have a Lore skill of 100 or more.
As far as my calculations go, this can only be achieved if your main protagonist is either bard, mage or thief. Sword of the Balduran will help by adding 10%
Bards get +10 lore per level.
Mages and thieves get +3 lore per level.
All other classes get +1 lore per level.

And you also get bonuses (or penalties) for high (or low) intelligence and wisdom that stack with each other. For instance, a stat of 18 gives +10 lore, so if you have 18 intelligence and 18 wisdom that is +20 lore in addition to your lore gained from leveling up. A stat below 10 gives penalties to lore.

Grand Master
Become a Grand Master.
Your main protagonist needs to be "fighter-class" to get the 5 pips in a weapon *****

Leave No Friend Behind
Finish the game without any party members dying.
This is for the entire play through of SOA. This achievement is based on party members never dying while in party. So if they leave party and get killed no worries. As long as they don't die in your party.
Thanks to @Heavyline for confirming this.
I just finished BG2:EE and had Yoshimo in my party and had Anomen in my party, was in romance with him and he was captured by Bodhi and turned into vampire. Forced to slay him.

Sacrifices Must Be Made
Finish the game with a full party of dead allies.
Oddly enough I got this while fighting Abazigal in TOB. I guess the game just looks at “game completed 0/1” and “all party members dead 0/1”

Juggernaut
Reach 150 Hit Points.
This one comes along as you play and only works on the main protagonist. My fighter is around 262 HP at level 40. Again potions like Potion of Heroism might help.
http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Potion_of_Heroism

Hero
Acquire Heroic reputation.
Get 20 rep. Only really works in good parties.

Villain
Acquire Despised reputation.
Get 1 rep. Kill some innocents or burn down a temple and then reload >:)

Murder Incarnate
Kill 1,000 creatures.
This one comes along as you play

Oathbreaker
Become a Fallen Paladin or a Fallen Ranger.
Only works if your main protagonist is paladin or ranger. Kill some innocent people and you will get this faster than you can reload.

Best Day Ever
Have Bless, Chant, and Luck active at the same time.
This only works on the main protagonist.
A cleric / mage can get you this. I bought the scroll of luck and had my sorcerer cast it.

Worst Day Ever
Have Disease, Fatigue, and Poison active at the same time.
Disease: I used the Otyugh in Irenicus dungeon. There’s also one under the Copper Coronet.
Poison: I used the cleric spell
Fatigue: I actually the protagonist use a scroll of restoration for this. Spells like haste also works.

A Daring Escape
Escaped from the wizard's dungeon.
This one comes along as you play. Part of the main quest.

Picking Sides
Raised enough gold to hire assistance.
This one comes along as you play. Part of the main quest. Once you pay 15.000 gold to either the shadow thieves or Bodhi’s gang.

Across the Sea
Set sail for Spellhold.

Inmates Running the Asylum
Rescued an old friend from Spellhold.

Return to the Surface
Survived the perils of the Underdark.

Staked
Defeated the vampire queen Bodhi.
This one comes along as you play. Part of the main quest. You won’t get it before you deliver the final death to Bodhi by impaling her, in her coffin.

To Hell and Back
Struck down Jon Irenicus and reclaimed your soul.

Shadow Ally
Allied yourself with the Shadow Thieves.
Part of the main quest. If you take this you won’t get “Friend of Darkness”

Friend of Darkness
Allied yourself with Athkatla's vampire guild.
Part of the main quest. If you take this you won’t get “Shadow Ally”

Unknown Risks
Risked the mysterious portal in Spellhold.
This only triggers if you refuse Saemon Havarian offer in Spellhold.

Took a Chance
Took another chance with Saemon Havarian.
This only triggers if you accept Saemon Havarian offer in Spellhold.

Hell's Pocket
Found your way to the pocket plane in Hell.

Felling the Giant
Defeated the fire giant Bhaalspawn Yaga-Shura.

Dragon's Demise
Slew the blue dragon Bhaalspawn Abazigal.

The Seven Statues
Overpowered the drow Bhaalspawn Sendai.

Solar Supremacy
Defeated the monk Bhaalspawn Balthazar.

Sieze the Throne
Destroyed Amellyssan the Blackhearted and took your place as a god.
Take the “evil” path in the end of TOB

Heavy Is the Head
Destroyed Amellyssan the Blackhearted and refused the power of Bhaal.
Take the “good” path in the end of TOB

The First Challenge
Faced the first challenge in the pocket plane in Hell.

The Second Challenge
Encountered your alternate self.

The Third Challenge
Confronted your own innocence and defeated the Slayer.

The Fourth Challenge
Discussed your fate with Cyric and faced his champions.

The Fifth Challenge
Struck down the Ravager.

Wand Collector
Disarm the traps in the lower level of the wizard's dungeon.
Self-explanatory. Get all the wands.

The Great Detective
Solve the "skinner" murders.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/bridge-distric-murders.php

Best Friends
Return Wellyn's missing bear.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/wellyns-teddy-bear.php

New Ownership
Put Hendak in charge of the Copper Coronet.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/slaves-in-the-copper-coronet.php

Heart of the Abyss
Discover the secrets of the planar sphere.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough/sphere.php

Close the Eye
Destroy the cult of the Unseeing Eye.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/areas/sewers-unseeing-eye-cult.php

Trade Must Flow
Break the trade monopoly in Trademeet.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/djinni-in-trademeet.php

Fang and Claw
Put a stop to the strange animal attacks at Trademeet.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/class-druid-animal-attacks-in-trademeet.php

Light in Darkness
Find the source of evil in the temple ruins outside the Umar Hills.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/areas/temple-ruins.php

No Child Left Behind
Find and return Garren Windspear's missing child.
Beat up Firekraag.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/class-paladin-windspear-hills.php

Freedom
Free the mage Vithal in the Underdark.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-5/quests/vithals-quest.php

A Battle for the Ages
Defeat Kangaxx the demilich.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/restore-kangaxxs-body.php

Twisted Victory
Found and defeated the Twisted Rune.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/areas/bridge-district-twisted-rune.php

Double Cross
Double-crossed Matron Mother Ardulace in Ust Natha.
You can't get both "double cross" and "triple cross" in the same game.
You can only get this if you help Phaere betraying the Matron mother.

Triple Cross
Double-crossed Phaere in Ust Natha.
Double cross both Matron mother and Phaere by giving them both false eggs. If you get this, you won't get "double cross"

Don't Mind Us
Found and destroyed a hidden mind flayer lair.
I’m not 100% sure about this. As I recall you need to find the hidden lair in the sewers:
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/areas/sewers-mindflayer-area.php

To the Limit
Cast Limited Wish and dealt with the results.
This is related to the gong quest.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/limited-wish-quest.php

Follower related achievements. Do their quests to unlok achievements:
I Dub Thee
See Anomen join the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.

Reunited
Reunite Cernd with his estranged family.

The Nether Scroll
Help Edwin track down the Nether Scroll.

Planehopper
Rescue Haer'Dalis from a grim fate.

Restored
Find a way to break Jaheira's curse.

Homecoming
Help Jan's loved ones.

Family Matters
Help Keldorn settle matters with his family.

The Book of Kaza
Track down the Book of Kaza for Korgan.

Sisters
Help Mazzy Fentan's sister.

Absolute Power
Help Nalia prove the corruption within the Roenall family.

Friends Like These
Discovered a traitor in your midst.
This wont trigger in Spellhold when Yoshimi reveals his true colours. It won’t trigger before you actually kill him.

Peace At Last
Put Yoshimo's soul to rest.
Won't trigger before you bring his heart to a Temple of Ilmatar when you get back to Athkatla

Strongholds:
You can only have stronghold at a time and it only triggers on the main protagonist.
Ononym said:

In case anyone later comes looking for multiple strongholds, basically just set the PLAYERHASSTRONGHOLD global variable to 0 in some way before having the conversation that normally gives you the stronghold.
It is possible via EE Keeper or via the LUA console: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PlayerHasStronghold","GLOBAL",0)

I also used EE keeper to change my main characters class to whatever was needed right before cashing in the last quest. Then reloaded my previous save and continued as if nothing had happened.

I'll Keep This
Acquire the warrior stronghold.

Spherical Stronghold
Acquire the wizard stronghold.

Guild Times
Acquire the thief stronghold.

Divine Domain
Acquire the cleric stronghold.

Orderly Surroundings
Acquire the paladin stronghold.

Cabin In the Woods
Acquire the ranger stronghold.

Home Grove
Acquire the druid stronghold.

The Play's the Thing
Acquire the bard stronghold.

Welcome, Brother
Recruited Sarevok.

A Sister's Sacrifice
Convinced Imoen to restore Sarevok with her soul.
Bring Imoen to the fight with Irenicus in Tree of Life.

Fury of the Heavens
Acquire the Celestial Fury blade.
Head over to the Temple District and enter the Guarded Complex on the right side of the map. Kill everyone and loot it from the 2nd floor.

The Holy Sword
Recover Carsomyr, the Holy Avenger.
Kill Firekraag

Legendary Relic
Construct Crom Faeyr.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/items/war-hammers.php

Ancient Power
Acquire the Robe of Vecna.
Buy from Deidre in Adventurer's Mart

In Balduran's Image
Don the sword, shield, helm, and plate of Balduran.
Sword: Buy from Deidre in Adventurer's Mart
Shield: Buy from Deidre in Adventurer's Mart
Helm: Found in Irenicus dungeon
Plate: Buy from Deidre in Adventurer's Mart

Time to Slay
Took the form of the Slayer.
This seemed bugged. I didn’t get it the first few times around. But it suddenly popped after a few attempts.

Red Dragon Slayer
Slew the red dragon Firkraag.

Shadow Dragon Slayer
Slew the shadow dragon Thaxll'ssillyia.

Black Dragon Slayer
Slew the black dragon Nizidramanii'yt.

Silver Dragon Slayer
Slew the silver dragon Adalon.

Green Dragon Saviour
Used the scroll of reversal to free the green dragon Fil'Yissetat.

Epic lvl 30 achievements:
This can only be reached by the main protagonist.
There are workarounds to this.
I ran with a custom party and right before my toons reached lvl 30 I exported the secondary PC’s to a new game, then used EE keeper to give them the last XP – levelling them to 30 in a fresh game. Once I had the achievement I deleted the saved and returned to main playthrough.

Epic Mage
Reach level 30 with a Mage or Sorcerer.

Epic Rogue
Reach level 30 with a Thief or Bard.

Epic Warrior
Reach level 30 with a Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Monk, or Barbarian.

Epic Priest
Reach level 30 with a Cleric, Druid, or Shaman.

Flying Solo
Complete the game solo.
I did this recently (nov 2017) and it works. Imoen will join your party at the beginning of Irenecus' dungeon, but it doesn't matter as long as she's kicked out of the party right away.
I cheesed it by doing it on Story Mode, imported a 13/39 Kensai/thief, skipping Sahuagin City by refusing Saemon, Skipping underdark by killing the Silver dragon and sneaking past countless enemies. Entire playthrough took about 4 hours.

Friend of Volo
Complete the game on Story Mode difficulty.
@Vbibbi confirms this works.
I can also confirm this works.

Lord of Murder
Complete the game on Legacy of Bhaal difficulty.
@Vbibbi confirms this works.

Last updated: 7'th of November 2017
Post edited by naggert on
AndreaColomboMontresor_SP

Comments

• RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    Put the story related achievements (secret achievements) in a spoiler please, haven't finished the ToB yet, and it somewhat revealed the end.
    ConjurerDragon
  • naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
    edited April 2016
    There's a huge spoiler warning in the first text. I assume it's not obvious enough? I'll make sure to include it in the title.

I can't sort the achievements in any other order, since it will mess searching and comparing up.
    Post edited by naggert on
    lamaros
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    Awww man... I just noticed there are no achievements for Watcher's Keep. Especially beating one of the hardest bosses in game.
    sarevok57
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    Real gamers need no achievement to make us feel good. haha jk but I didn't even know there was achieves or whatever? is this a steam thing only...ive never used steam?
    edited April 2016
    marzbarz said:

Real gamers need no achievement to make us feel good. haha jk but I didn't even know there was achieves or whatever? is this a steam thing only...ive never used steam?

Yeah. The achievements are only for the steam version of the game :/ When they were announced it made me start over on a fresh game. I'm currently on my third playthrough :)
    The best part is, it made me find some totally new content that I had missed on previous games. Like I would never have teamed up with Anomen, without these achievements.
    marzbarzHeavyline
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    Ah okies thanks for info, didn't know about that cause I haven't been on steam like ever I think.
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    naggert said:

Leave No Friend Behind
    Finish the game without any party members dying.
    This is for the entire play through of SOA. You can’t let anyone die – not once. I don’t this think achievement is possible to get if you side with Yoshimo.

I just finished BG2:EE and had Yoshimo in my party and
    had Anomen in my party, was in romance with him and he was captured by Bodhi and turned into vampire. Forced to slay him

The achievement did unlock. This achievement is based on party members never dying while in party. So if they leave party and get killed no worries. As long as they don't die in your party.
    naggert
    edited April 2016
    Heavyline said:

The achievement did unlock. This achievement is based on party members never dying while in party. So if they leave party and get killed no worries. As long as they don't die in your party.

Thank you! This kind of information was exactly what I had hoped for.

EDIT:
    The guide is updated based on your information.

I'd also love to know whether Lord of Murder and Friend of Volo works.
    Friend of Volo didn't trigger in my BG1:EE playthrough.
    If anyone can either confirm or refute this, please leave a comment.
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    Just joined the boards to discuss achievements. I can confirm that Lord of Murder and Friend of Volo work in BG2EE. I didn't have any troubles getting those. I actually had trouble getting Lord of Murder for BGEE, but I used a cheat someone here mentioned. I had Minsc with arrows of detonation set one off in Sarevok's direction before the dialogue started, then had the entire party leave the temple. Sarevok followed us outside, started his dialogue, then once we killed him and reentered the temple, the game ended and I got the achievement. I haven't tried for Friend of Volo in BGEE yet so I don't know if I have to do the same steps.

I have a question for BG2EE achievements. I have gotten every one of them EXCEPT "Took a Chance" which is the one where we go with Saemon out of Brynnlaw and end up with the sahuagin. I have tried multiple times to go through this and it won't pop for me. At first I thought it might be mods installed so I did a clean reinstall of the base game with nothing added, but it still didn't pop up. Has anyone else had difficulty getting this? Or have any ideas what globals the achievement is checking for? I'm not above using the save game editor to just change some globals to trigger it.

Thanks!
  • AuraofManaAuraofMana Member Posts: 24
    I got "Took a Chance" on the first try. Maybe try reloading some more? Some of these achievements are a bit buggy like that.

I don't remember if you get it after the pirate king makes his speech and you leave, or what. Anyway, play until after the narrator talks about it (and advances the chapter) to see if you get it. Hell, play it all the way until the Sahuagin City.

But I can confirm it does work.
    edited June 2016
    Vbibbi said:

I have gotten every one of them EXCEPT "Took a Chance" which is the one where we go with Saemon out of Brynnlaw and end up with the sahuagin.

I got this one on my first attempt at it. But as I recall, it came quite late. Like so late I thought I missed it. It came around the time of the narrator-speech.

EDIT:
    I took the liberty of updating my guide according to your update on the Lord of Murderer and Volo achievement.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    edited June 2016
    "Took a Chance" unlocked for me a bit later on the ship during the Githyanki attack.

Else, all BG2EE achievements have unlocked for me some time between 2.0 and 2.2.
  • Kesselring1987Kesselring1987 Member Posts: 9
    Nice guide!

Would be great if these will be in GoG version too :(
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    Thanks all. I think it was a mod issue, I uninstalled everything and did a clean BG2 install and was able to get the achievement!
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Wait...there's a green dragon I need to use Freedom to see??
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Pteran said:

Wait...there's a green dragon I need to use Freedom to see??

No, not Freedom, and "to free" means "to help" Fil'Yissetat (AR6004). It's a special Scroll of Reversal as a quest item with more than a single purpose. It's all pretty obvious if playing the game and reading what people tell.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Oh...I was curious so I Googled the name. Been probably a decade since I played through TOB, thus the confusion lol.
  • JCDentonJCDenton Member Posts: 24
    So no achievements for finishing the romances or for the new NPC quests?

Little disappointing, especially in the case of the NPC quests, as all the original NPCs have their achievements if you finish their quests. I'm surprised Beamdog would not give achievements to their own characters.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    naggert said:

Best Day Ever
    A cleric / mage can get you this. I bought the scroll of luck and had my sorcerer cast it.

Out of curiosity, to these stack with one another?
  • JCDentonJCDenton Member Posts: 24

naggert said:

Best Day Ever

Out of curiosity, to these stack with one another?
    Yep, they do.
    AndreaColombo
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Then the Ring of Purity + Cloverleaf combo in Siege of Dragonspear is tremendously powerful. I can feel my inner powergamer give in to a maniacal bout of laughter right now...