[MOD] Starlight - new weapons and spells for IWD:EE [WIP]

kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
edited December 2014 in IWD:EE Mods

Features

New weapons inspired by "imagine magic weapon" thread
New spells
Enhanced old spells and abilities

New weapons

A new NPC in Kuldahar\Lonelywood John Avaritia now sales new weapons and spells.

Blue Rhino
+2 halberd with +2 to criticals
Needs 19 dex

Red Bear
+3 axe with DND3 "Cleave" feat implementation:
Each time an enemy is killed by this weapon, its wielder gets +1 apr for 3 sec and automatically attacks nearby enemy.

Green Mantis
+3 Greatsword wich can't get a critical hit, but has 5% chance to do double damage.

Sequencer Sword
Each time you hit an enemy, there is a 10% chance to gain an ability to cast "Spell Sequencer".
You can have only one ability at the moment.
For Ranger, Bard and Paladin

Spray Sword (wanted to name it Rainbow Peafowl but it doesn't sound)
A +2 shortsword with 10% to cast "Color Spray" on hit

Gray Turtle
A +1 shortsword with +3 AC bonus

Purple Frog
+2 longsword with unique ability "Teleport Other". Twice a day you can teleport an enemy you choose in distance of 15 (?) to your party.

Illmerica
A +2 kinetic spear that can attack from a distance of 10. Physical bonus doesn't apply to damage.

Battering Ram
+3 hammer with 15% chance to cast an unique ability "Knockdown". An enemy of same or smaller size as you is unconsious for 3 seconds.Undead are stuck for 3 seconds. Enemies with circle larger than yours are immune to knockdown.

Shusui
A +3 magical katana which origin is unknown. Has a 10% chance to cast unique ability on hit that deals damage to enemy equal to 10% of enemy's current HP.

Haganemushi
A +3 wakizashi which origin are uknown. Has a chance to cast unique ability on hit that decrease enemy's THAC0 for seconds.
Percentage and duration of debuff will be set after twsting

Tsunami
A +2 wakizashi with 10% chance to cast a spell "Smashing Wave" on hit.

New and enhanced spells

Most of spells will be created as in Spell Revisions, Gibberlings Three Mod created by Demivrgvs
If those authors will be against this implementation, spells will be deleted from mod

Wizard spells

LVL1

True Strike
Range: Self
Duration: 1 round

Upon the casting of this spell, the caster will gain temporary, intuitive insight into the immediate future. Any attack roll made before the end of the next round gains a +10 perception bonus.

Grease
This spell will additionaly decrease a fire resistance by 15% for greased enemies. Debuffs won't stack.

LVL2

Keen Edge
Range: Self
Duration: 10 turns

This spell makes a weapon magically keen, improving its ability to deal telling blows. This transmutation doubles the threat range of the weapon. A threat range of 20 becomes 18-20, and a threat range of 19-20 becomes 17-20.
Multiple spells don't stack.

Druid spells

LVL2
Fire Trap
A magical trap, acts as glyph of warding but does a fire damage.

LVL3
Gust of Wind - Acts as Zone of Sweet Air plus creatures near the caster must save or be blown away.

Know Opponent - replaces Know Alignment; reduces target's AC by 2 and physical resistance by 10%

LVL4
Smashing Wave - additionaly an enemy hitted by this spell gets a +15% fire resistance and -15% lighting resistance for 6 seconds

Ranger Spells

LVL1
Blades of Fire (as in Kit Revisions)
Level: 1
School: Transmutation
Sphere: Combat
Range: Personal
Duration: 6 rounds
For the duration of this spell, caster's melee weapons deal an extra 1d6 points of fire damage. Multiple castings of this spell are not cumulative.

List may be improved with another ideas.

Other tweaks

A paladin's ability "Smite Evil" will be replaced with DND3 feat of same name. (As in Kit Revisions)
"Smite Evil: During the round when this ability is activated the paladin gains +2 bonus to attack rolls, and any melee hit against an evil creature causes 1d6 additional points of magic damage. For every 4 levels, the additional damage increases by 1d6, up to 6d6 at 20th level."

A John Avaritia can sell wizard scrolls up to 8 lvl but at 150% of original price.
John Avaritia sells Arrows of Piercing x1

John Avaritia will listen to your suggestions...

Current progress - 40%
Post edited by kensai on
JuliusBorisovronaldoAudaceselminsterjackjacklolienVeskoRAM021GrammarsaladAbel

Comments

• kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    Other tweaks:
    Avenger, a druid kit, will receive a sequencer as a high level spell

True Druids will receive a mid level spell that gives them +50% damage bonus in animal form.
    jackjackJuliusBorisovRAM021
    edited January 2015
    Other additions:
    Blinker
    A extraordinary +2 short sword with +10% chance to get wielder invisible for 1 second on succesful hit.
    Perfect weapon for pure fighters.

Spells:

Battering Ram instead of Knock (2 lvl wizard spell) as in Spell Revisions - a ram like force can be used to knockback unconscious a living target or bash a locked door/chest

Spiritual Hammer - the hammer can strike opponents from a distance (SR)

New, tweaked Goodberry - it now cures fatigue (that you get after restoration, haste and other spells).

New Unfailing Endurance - now it's also cures fatigue penalty from berserker's enrage.

New 5lvl druidic spell - Nature's Debilitating Charm
    A druid in animal form (wolf, bears, bugs) get +50% damage boost.

New 1lvl druidic spell - Acid Hands (Alteration) (TDD)
    Level: 1
    Range: 5 feet
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Casting Time: 1
    Area of Effect: 60 degree arc
    Saving Throw: 1/2
    When the druid casts this spell a plume of acid residue comes shooting forth from the the casters hands. The target will receive a random amount of acid burn damage that increases with experience. The target can save however for half the damage received. The spell is very useful in close up attacks as it can inflict great damage at this range. The caster does 1 extra damage for each level he has attained. So, at level 1, the caster does 2D4+1; at level 2, 2D4+2; at level 3, 2D4+3, up to level 10.

New tweaks:
    Blades innate abilities - Defensive and Offensive spin will be remaked.
    Defensive will get more powerful with new levels - instead of immobilization will be movement penalty.

Offensive spell with levels may stack with haste or reduce spell casting time by 1.
    Also, blades might be selectable for elves.

Current progress - 70%

If someone willing to help - please PM me.
    I need help in writting item and spells descriptions.
    JuliusBorisovlolienRAM021
  • AliRaza94AliRaza94 Member Posts: 1
    Yes. That and my poor cutting-and-pasting skills.

It's fixed now, try the download again.

This seems very useful - so many possibilities- SO MUCH ENDLESS POWER

MUAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHA
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    I like a lot of the stuff and ideas, thanks for doing this :)
  • HoarmurathHoarmurath Member Posts: 8
    Where can I download this mod?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

He said that he would remove it is the item revisions authors objected. My guess is that they objected...
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    Nice to see this mod is still being worked on, though it would be nice if the on-going development was detailed in this thread. Looking at kensai's last post, which was a year ago, I figured the mod died.
    JuliusBorisov
    Thank you for the link Grammarsalad. The Item Revision is alive & well, last updated 12/31/15. http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=969
    The Spell Revision is also alive & well, last updated 12/30/15. http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=970
    These links will take you to the download pages, both are listed as still in Beta. The IR has a 93 page list of treasures!
    Demivrgvs
    So it seems like this specific mod (Starlight) is dead and Spell Revisions and Item Revisions should just be used instead? Well that's a shame, but SR and IR look like they might be better alternatives. I just wish a final update by kensai was posted; just a post saying if it was officially dead or not would be fine. It seems like his last post on the site was in January of 2015 though, so maybe he took an extended break from all this.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315

He said that he would remove it if the item revisions authors objected. My guess is that they objected...
    @Grammarsalad actually I didn't. The author of this mod didn't even asked my permission to use IR, SR or KR stuff but I'm not mad at him because he gave me credit for it. :)

I'm glad you suggested my mods to @Hoarmurath (and that he liked what he saw) but I'd like to point out that even if Revisions stuff work on IWDEE it was not designed for it and I don't know if I can recommend to use them there.

@Swifty_Magee IR and SR are huge mods (*) with multiple components (the only mod of similar scale I can think of is SCS) thus you may want to check the readmes to get an idea of what they do. That being said, I really cannot think anyone could regret trying them out once, especially V4 versions have become wonderful thanks to a silly amount of beta testing and brainstorming. ;)

(*) For example, the following is the online Item Index for IR. Just to get an idea of how big the mod is, and that is only the main component. http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15700
    Swifty_MageeGrammarsalad
    After reading through the Item List, I guess this is not the Starlight mod. My rogue/illusionist was looking forward to wielding the Rainbow Peafowl sword. I like the name & ability but I think it should be a wakizashi. The IR & SR mod's look like quite a labor of love! I would like to thank the author for posting back to this forum. I was going to register on G3 tonight to send you this message. I have 2 questions. 1) Are these 2 mods compatable with BGEE? 2) Do you have any plans to create any of the items listed at the beginning of this post? Thank you for your time!
    PS: Apologies! I have confused the author of this post with the author of the IR & SR mods.
    @ Demivrgvs, recomendations for online turorials so I can teach myself to do this? i.e.: write these item & spell mods.

@Swifty_Magee

Once you try the revisions mods, you won't be able to imagine playing without them! They really are that good

I'm definitely interested in the Revisions mods now; I've heard about Spell Revisions for a while now but never tried it out. I think I'll download them both and give them a whirl next time I'm playing BGEE 1&2. Hopefully they'll both be compatible with Siege of Dragonspear when that comes out.
    DemivrgvsGrammarsalad
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    @Hoarmurath to tag me there should be no space after the @, I got back here only because Swifty wrote here again. ;) Anyway:

1) yes the V4 builds linked above are compatible with EE

2) I haven't checked all the items but at first sight I don't see there ideas not already used within IR except maybe the weapon which casts Color Spray. Actually, a few of those ideas and/or effects are clearly taken from my mods (e.g. Cleave and Smashing Wave effects).

@Swifty_Magee I don't see why Revisions should not be compatible with SoD by default unless they do something strange again with the TLK files (I still hate EE for doing those unnecessary changes). Also, Ardanis is involed on SoD development and he modded Revisions with me for years. ;)
    IchigoRXC
    edited April 2016
    Demivrgvs said:

Actually, a few of those ideas and/or effects are clearly taken from my mods (e.g. Cleave and Smashing Wave effects).

No, they aren't. Smashing Wave effect was inspired by Divinity Original Sin.
    And Cleave is obviously a DND3 feat. But Cleave may be reworked to how it was done in Sword Coast Legends.

@Grammarsalad actually I didn't. The author of this mod didn't even asked my permission to use IR, SR or KR stuff but I'm not mad at him because he gave me credit for it. :)
    Yes, I didn't ask because I had to give up on this mod. Real life sucks :\
    But I really respect your work and would't publish without asking you first.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.