Skip to content

Where is Hoach Randymonk the Cobbler?

Had a pair of boots that Hoach offered to patch up, all for a nice price of 1,500 gold.

Bridgefort was cleared, as he told me to come back in exactly a day. Clearing out the situation in Bridgefort never took a day, and now Bridgefort is empty.

Khalid is at the Coalition camp.

Dorn is at the Coalition camp.

Neera won't SHUT UP at the Coalition camp.

So then, where is Hoach Randymonk, my coin and my boots?

Illustair

Comments

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Bumped. I have the same issue. Do I have to go around doing nothing until an in-game day would pass? I've already completed all other stuff beside the boots. Well I already spent 2 in-game days, still nothing.
    Hahaha! Seriously? But there's nothing that would indicate that fraud is involved. If anything, he seems trustworthy. If it is so, then his nephew is in a lot of trouble, as I would take it on him. ;) and he's a gnome I think.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    edited April 2016
    I finished the quest before the battle at Bridgefort and he actually finishes the boots for you in one day, but they're kinda flawed anyway:)
    He's one of the Glint's relatives tied to his quest.
    IllustairThacoBell
    It's a bug alright.
    Fortunately for me though on another reload, the trigger did not kick in, so I just had another workingpair of boots of speed! Cool!
  • Igneous_AvesIgneous_Aves Member Posts: 41
    Illustair said:

It's a bug alright.

Fortunately for me though on another reload, the trigger did not kick in, so I just had another workingpair of boots of speed! Cool!
    Is it a bug...or an intend? Maybe half the time you get a bad pair and then half the time you get a good pair? I mean...sometimes people mess up making their items lol
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363

Illustair said:

It's a bug alright.

Is it a bug...or an intend? Maybe half the time you get a bad pair and then half the time you get a good pair? I mean...sometimes people mess up making their items lol
    It is intended, 50% of the time (or whatever percentage it is) you are given faulty boots of speed and Hoach telling you something along the lines of "what did you expect?". The other time around they work perfectly and he has a different dialogue for that scenario too.

Might be based on some variables or just luck (save/load scumming), but nonetheless, 100% intended.
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddess